Slider not making any slides

Hi! I run Dazzling on headtricktheatre dot org. There’s supposed to be a homepage slider which displays posts in a certain category, and until very recently it was working just fine. Now, it loads the frame, but doesn’t create any slides.

This is what I see in browser inspect:
<div class="flexslider">
<ul class="slides">
::after
</ul>
</div>

although interestingly, this is in the page source:
<div class="flexslider"><ul class="slides"></li></ul> </div>

The category it’s set to draw on does exist and does contain pages - the slider had been working fine before.

I updated the Dazzling theme to the current version, but that didn’t solve the problem and created other problems, so I downgraded it again, at least for the time being. I had recently updated some plugins that needed updating, but everything seemed fine immediately after I had done that, so I don’t know what’s causing it not to work now. Can anyone advise? This is obviously a pretty big part of our branding/UX, the first thing they’re supposed to see!

Thanks!

Hi there

Please send me your admin details privately here and I will check whats going on

Hi colorlibsupport - I can’t figure out how to send you a message. If there is a way I can provide more details without admin credentials, I am happy to copy/paste or screenshot whatever you need to see!

Hi

Sorry, its actually very easy, click on my name and you will see option to send me a private message in the popup

I’m sorry, I still don’t see it (not just for you, for anyone). Perhaps it is a user permissions thing, since I am on other forums that run on this format and I can message people there. If there is a way I can provide more details without admin credentials, I am happy to copy/paste or screenshot whatever you need to see!

Is your issue resolve?
If yes then how you solve this please help me out i also got this issue for my client website. And now deadline is near but i couldn’t find solution yet :frowning:

No, not resolved yet :frowning:

I just sent you a private message, please reply back

I would recommend a starting a new ticket

I messaged you last week, did you see it?

hey there

Yes, I just saw it,
At this moment you dont have any post in your account, its not possible to show slider without them, would you mind to add them?

I have the extension that allows categories to be added to pages and in the past this has worked to display these pages in the slider. Is there something I need to change?

http://www.headtricktheatre dot org/category/image-posts/

Hi

Well, first of all your posts are not appearing in the WordPress posts, this is the problem you need to fix first, do you know why they are not appearing in the Wp dashboard?

As I said, I have the extension that allows categories to be added to pages and in the past this has worked to display these pages in the slider.

http://www.headtricktheatre dot org/category/image-posts/

Hi

I don’t know how it worked in the past but what I know for sure is that Slider is optimized for post and not the pages, if you are sure it was working in the previous version try to downgrade theme version

As I said in my post, I actually downgraded the theme already. It’s back to the version which used to be working.

Edit: I also tried downgrading the Add Category to Pages plugin (by a.ankit) and this did not solve the problem. The slider does work if I (temporarily) create a Post instead of a Page, but even though it is supposed to display all entries in such and such a category, and has done so in the past, it doesn’t anymore. Where is the code that creates the slider? I couldn’t find it in the repository when I searched “slides,” “flex-active-slide” and so on.

Edit 2: I found the slider code in inc/extras.php. This was the line that was the problem:

$query = new WP_Query( array( 'cat' =>$slidecat,'posts_per_page' =>$count ) );

The $slidecat and $count variables checked out fine, but the query was not returning any posts, so the subsequent if and while statements didn’t fire. I solved this problem by adding 'post_type' => 'page' to the WP_Query.

Hi there

Well, that’s it, thanks for sharing solution :slight_smile: