Slider not working

Hi,

I have just installed travelify on a xampp server on my pc to try to build a website out of it before I put it live on a server and I am trying to get the website to look similar to demo version of trevelify and I can’t get the slider to work.

I have created a post with an image and put the post id in where it asks for the Slide 1, 2 and 3 but nothing is happening. Some help with this would be most appreciated.

Hi @seoninja,

Do you have CPT bootstrap carousel plugin installed?

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

No I didn’t have it installed but I have installed it now and activated it and I will see if the Slider works now.

Hi Cristian,

I have now setup the slider to work but all that happens now is it creates a link on the front page with the Page Title and when you click on it takes you to the Page that i created with the image in it. No slider on the front page.

Hi @seoninja,

Did you follow the steps from here:

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi Cristian,

I had a look and I tried to follow the instructions but there doesn’t appear to be a Theme Options->Featured Slider option to pick as it only has a menu called customise and it’s in the customise menu that it has an option for the Features Slider.

By the way my website is now live on a server and the web address is www.immigratetoaustralia.com.au

Cheers,
George

Hi @seoninja,

Did you made the following:

Create Post or Page and add featured image to it.
Go to Theme Options->Featured Slider
Choose how many slides you want to display on front page.
Add all the Post ID that you want to use in the featured slider. Post ID can be found at All Posts table in last column
Choose transition style and other settings at “Slider Options”
Featured Slider will show featured images, Title and excerpt of the respected added post IDs.
The recommended image size is 1018px x 460px.

If you did and still does not appear please send us in private message a wp admin, and wp password.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi there.

I believe I have gotten it working as you have to select the Feature Image option on the bottom right hand side of the post or page and put your image in there to get the slider to work.

I thought you could just add the image to the post and that would work but it appears that’s not the case so thanks for your help. I am not sure if I should create another post for this or ask it in this one but in the demo the slider is linking to entirely different posts and I would like to know how to do that for instance.

The link to the demo is here: https://colorlib.com/travelify/

The very first slider image says:

Content Layout Preview
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Sed odio nibh, tincidunt adipiscing, pretium nec, tincidunt id, enim. Fusce scelerisque nunc vitae nisl. Quisque quis urna in velit dictum pellentesque.

But it links to a page with a video that says:

This is a sticky post!!! Make sure it sticks!

This should then split into other pages with layout, images, HTML tags, and other things.

How do you make it so that the text in the slider is different to the text in the post?

Cheers,

Sorry for the delay here.

Do you still need assistance for it so we can continue helping you?