Slider only working on static page featured image. Not working by posts

Hi,
I have a static home page as the main page on my site and have the slider working from a featured image from that static home page.
I have only been able to get the slider working setting a featured image on the homepage however this has caused me to only be able to select 1 image.
I read that you are supposed to create a post and set a featured image in that.
The issue is the slider doesnt work at all with the posts featured images.
I set a post category and created 2 standard posts under that category each with a featured image. I have even chosen the post category to use in the dazzling slider settings.
If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I would appreciate it.

Many thanks,

Frank

Hi @frankdieni,

Please send us in a private message a wp admin, wp password and your website link to check.

Thanks,

Cristian

Hi, thanks for looking into this.Appreciate it.

Username: colorlib_admin
Password: Colorlib555

Please let me know how it goes.

Many thanks!

Frank

Hi, just wondering if you have been able to look at this yet? I have sent you login details for an admin account. Thanks,

Frank

Dear Colorlib Support,

I have the same problem as Frank describes above.
Hope you can help me with it.

Thank you in advance.

Regards, Stephanie

Hi all,

Slider is powered by FlexSlider. @frankdieni you don’t have this plugin installed.

Please install it and it should work.

Thanks,

Cristian

Thanks for looking at my site. I found in the documentation:
“Dazzling theme relies on Flexslider image slider which is built in into theme and no plugin is required.”

I have tried to search for Flexslider under wordpress plugins and im not sure which one to choose as there is a few with flexslider in the name. I have found another one created by WooThemes which I was able to download the zip from the website. I have unzipped into the themes directory however I cant see it when I go to plugins to activate it.

I would appreciate if you can please let me know where to obtain the plugin and how to get it installed.

Appreciate it.

Hi, is someone please able to let me know how to install the flexslider for dazzling theme please.

So far I have only been able to download the zip file but unsure how to install it.

Many thanks

Hi @frankdieni,

It seems like a bug, I tested until now, but I could not solve it. I will forward the issue to the developer team. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Cristian

@frankdieni I logged in to your shared site and saw you were overwriting the below dazzling theme slider function to use pages in the slider which was causing this issue.

I just remove the below custom function from your dazzling child theme and it is working fine now.

Could you please check it and let me know whether it is working fine for you?

/**
 * Featured image slider
 */
function dazzling_featured_slider() {
    if ( is_front_page() && of_get_option('dazzling_slider_checkbox') == 1 ) {
      echo '<div class="flexslider">';
        echo '<ul class="slides">';

$count = of_get_option('dazzling_slide_number');
//          $slidecat = of_get_option('dazzling_slide_categories');

if ( $count ) {
            $query = new WP_Query( array( 'posts_per_page' =>$count, 'post_type' => 'page', 'meta_key' => 'slider_page' ) );
//            print_r($query);
            if ($query->have_posts()) :
              while ($query->have_posts()) : $query->the_post();

echo '<li>';
                if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) { // Check if the post has a featured image assigned to it.
                  the_post_thumbnail();
                }

echo '<div class="flex-caption">';
                  echo '<a href="'. get_permalink() .'">';
                    if ( get_the_title() != '' ) echo '<h2 class="entry-title">'. get_the_title().'</h2>';
                    if ( get_the_excerpt() != '' ) echo '<div class="excerpt">' . get_the_excerpt() .'</div>';
                  echo '</a>';
                echo '</div>';

endwhile;
              endif;

} else {
                echo "Slider is not properly configured";
            }

echo '</li>';
        echo '</ul>';
      echo ' </div>';
    }
}

@stephanievdhurk

Please check whether you are facing the same issue as described above due to custom code.

Thanks for all your help, I have checked my site and the issue is now resolved.

Many thanks,

Frank

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: