Social Icons / Newsletter Subscription

Hello!

since Newsletter Subscription is one way you could “follow us” I think it would make sense to add an Social Icon for that, linking to my Page with the Subscription form. Is there any way to do that with the Social-Widget? Or would i have to code that in somehow?

Thanks for any help!

Felix

Hi Felix,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The Sparkling theme displays social icons using fontawesome font so could you please tell us which icon displayed on the following page you want to show for subscription form icon.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello!

“fa-envelope” would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Felix

Hi Felix,

Thank you for your reply.

You can achieve this by adding the class “fa-envelope” to the Newsletter Subscription custom menu item and then add the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of the latest version of Sparkling theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Sparkling Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#menu-social li.fa-envelope:before{
    display: none;
}
#menu-social li.fa-envelope a i:before {
    content: "\f0e0";
}

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

i followed your instruction. The Iconfield is displaying the Content code but not any Iconpictures. Any Ideas why that could be?
Thanks again for your help!
Best regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

Could you please share the page URL from your site where it’s not displaying correctly so that i can troubleshoot it?

Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,
i wish i could. The site is in develepment and shut off via htaccess. I could send you the login information but don’t think i should post them here :slight_smile:
Best regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

You can share the credentials privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” which you will find in this forum in the topic reply form.

Regards,
Movin

OK!

http://blog.test.employland.de/

User: employland
Pw: aiFi3oot

Hi Movin,
did you have a Chance to take a look?
Thanks again.
Best regards,
Felix

Hi Felix,

I troubleshooted the issue on your shared site and found this is happening because of theme Custom CSS option issue.

To make the shared CSS code work, could you please try adding it in the style.css file of your child theme?

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi Movin,

that did the trick!! Thank you so much!

Best Regards and happy holidays!

Felix

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: