Social Icons not shown after update to WP 5.8.2

Hi guys,

on my website https://nina-gilzem.de/ the icons for social icons menu - Facebook, Instagram, Pintereset - appear as shown in the screenshot:

grafik

This appearance happens since the last update of wordpress to version 5.8.2. The tipps in other topics do not work for me.

Thanks for your help,
Daniel

Hi there,

plz help. :slight_smile:

Hi @danielgraesel please send me your admin details in a direct message and I will check it

Hi there. Same problem here. The Social media icons are not showing.
Kind regards,
Gaëlle

Hi @colorlibsupport, which details do you need me to deliver?

Hi

I just need admin details of your website to check the problem, send them in direct message here

Hi, I really need to know, what information do you need to know. I already sent you a dm. :slight_smile:

Hi @danielgraesel

This is the only message I have from you:

by mentioning ‘admin details’ do you mean admin username and password?

I already replied on that message :slight_smile:

Hi @colorlibsupport,

I feel kind of stupid but there are no replies in my inbox:

:face_with_monocle:

@danielgraesel I replied here, not in inbox: Social Icons not shown after update to WP 5.8.2 - #6 by colorlibsupport

As I wrote I do not know what admin detauls mean :pensive:

Its admin name and password of your website, send them to me in a direct message and I will check your problem :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue - the site is live - https://www.tnslabs.org.

Please advise on how to fix - if needed I can set someone up as a temp WP admin user.

This is the screen shot showing the rhs of the footer - with the icons shown in the customizer view. The page is published, with five icons added to the “social” menu view.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 8.21.55 AM

Thanks - Dave

Hi Dave

Try this css code in the Appearance > Customize > Additionall css:

#social .social_icon span {
display: block;
}

Same issue and if I add the additional css I get the text and not the icon

Solved, the problem is about the “brands” icon, so It needs to update the font-family in ‘Font Awesome 5 Brands’
example
.social-icons .fa {
font-family: ‘Font Awesome 5 Brands’;
}

1 Like

Thanks for sharing your solution @palomarziano :slight_smile:

Thank you very much - it works well! :slight_smile:

Thank you too and have a good day :slight_smile:

Sorry, is the solution to use both css additions from this thread? Like you, the first made the text appear but not the icon. But adding your second one is not doing anything for me. Thanks for any help.