Social Icons

How do i add social icons like facebook ?

hi, To add social icons like facebook go to the Appearance - Menus and edit the Social Media Menu from the “Select menu to edit button” then add custom links to it with the address of the social site you want to link to… When it appears in the Social Icon menu it will show (Pending) as the title. Open that menu item and add the label, ie. FACEBOOK and that will cause it to register properly.

Cheers

Second pic

Hi @zorawar,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To create social icons follow the below steps :

1. Create a menu like any other menu in the admin area of your site under Appearance -> Menus .
  2. Use the correct urls in the menu items, so for twitter it must be twitter.com for facebook it must be facebook.com. Otherwise URLs won’t get recognized and you will get squares without icons.
  3. Set theme location for this menu as “Social Links”

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi @crystaledge,

I hope you are well today and thanks for helping out here in this forum.

Your help here is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Movin

Hi, can I re-open this topic please? I’ve added a social menu, but how can I make my links open in a new window? I can’t just add

target="_blank"

to the url in the menu for the menu item.

Many Thanks
Michele

@michelepx2 You can achieve this by using the solution posted in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/dazzling-social-media-icons/#post-49195

Thanks Movin, it took me a while to find the “screen options” dropdown, but it’s obvious now I see it.

For anyone reading, you go to the Apperarence/Menus - then very top right, under the black bar click “screen options”. and select “link target”. Then go to your Social menu items, and you can select “open link in new tab”

@michelepx2 You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:

I would like to re-open this again please.

How do I add a NEW social icon - one that is not part of the Unite Theme Social icons.

Although the social icon list with the theme, there are some that are not included.
So I would like to know how to add a completely new social icon.

Thank you

@joanitacreative you can add more custom social icons by developing CSS code as described in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/social-icon-xing/#post-37560