Some initial problems

I’m pretty new to the theme so hopefully some of the issues can be solved easily. First the posts are not showing (http://blog.laoautism.org). In both “Latest posts” or “static page” only the headline of the latest post is displayed, no text at all. Same after deactivating simple membership plug-in.
More problem I faced when trying to create social media menu. The documentation says that after enabling via Theme Options – Social I should see several icons, one for each social network. In fact I see nothing. Via Menus I activated the social footer which shows now “Follow us” followed by nothing. Any hints?
Thanks,
Mixay

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

Please try disabling any third part plugin that was not bundled with the theme as one of them may be causing a conflict.

As it relates to the social media icons please ensure that you have ensure that you added the social media links like this :“https://twitter.com/colorlib”.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi support,
thanks for the quick reply. I switched off all plug-ins and the posts are working fine now. Means I will switch on the plug-ins one by one to figure out the one responsible for the problem.
Concerning the social media, I’m still confused. I understand from the theme documentation that after switching the Theme Options – Social on a dialogue with the icons should appear where I must enter the URLs of our social media accounts. But no dialogue appears there (see screenshot). Or will it pop up somewhere else?

Best regards,
Mixay

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

In regards to the social menu, you’ll need to go to Appearance > Menus > Select the Social menu and add Custom Links to the menu (Link URL to the URL of the page, eg: www.twitter.com/activello and Link Text, name of the social platform, eg: Twitter).
After adding all the ones you want, you’ll need to Save the menu and go to Manage Locations and set the social menu to the social menu (that you just edited).

This should display the social menu for every place you’ve enabled it.

I hope this helps :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
Support

Hi support team,

thank you very much. Everything works fine now.

Mixay

Hello there,

I am glad the solution worked for you.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support