space above and below new logo for Travelify WordPress theme

I realise that a common query in previous forums has been reducing or removing the space above and below the site logo. I have read all of these but when I have tried some of the options I am getting a failure message, asking me if I am sure I want to continue. I realise that some previous advice is specific to the particular site and I don’t want to mess things up completely so if you are able to have a look at my site donalsmountainwalks.co.uk I really would be grateful. I have my uploaded my own logo which contains everything, except for the social icons, so a narrow band above the logo, room enough jst for the icons would be what I am after, along with the same width band along the bottom, between the logo and the navigation bar/header image. I am using a child theme and I have copied below the relevant code I have at present. Thanks, the header is the very last thing I am working on so once i get it sorted I hopefully won’t have to call on your services too much in the future.

/* =Header
-----------------------------------------------*/
#branding {
	margin-top: 15px;
}

#header {
background: #CDC5BF;
}

.hgroup-wrap {
	padding-top: 15px;
	padding-bottom: 35px;
}
.hgroup-wrap a {
	display: block;
}
#site-logo {
	float: left;
	margin-top: 32px;
}
#site-title {
	font: 36px; 
        font-family: 'Ubuntu', sans-serif;
	line-height: 42px;
}
#site-title a {
	color: #57ad68;
	letter-spacing: -2px;
}
#site-title a img {
	vertical-align: inherit;
	max-width: 978px;
        padding-top: 0;
	padding-bottom: 0;
}
}
#site-title a span,#site-title a:hover,#site-title a:focus,#site-title a:active {
	color: #439f55;
}