<span> code in display header for Categories

Displaying an index page using ‘Categories’ shows as Category in the header bar. Has this been reported as an issue?

Hi there

Cant recall, may I see it? please provide little bit more info and link to the problem

Regards

Thanks so much for the quick reply.
So far, really like this theme.
Can’t send a URL as I’m developing the site locally just now … .sorry, but the Colorib demo site has the same issue ref. Markup Archives - Shapely Demo
If you remove ‘category’ from the URL manually on the demo Markup: HTML Tags and Formatting - Shapely Demo - the does not show in the header.
Seems this will resolve my issue, but how can I change the custom URL for ‘category’ items in my own site via the admin. menus?

Hi

Try this link please:

It can be done by permalinks

Just been reviewing the permalinks options, along with some ‘lite’ plugins and this is not really the issue, I don’t think . . .
I can change the URL to eg www.my-site/topics/my-new-page using the standard Wordpress admin. for category slugs and permalinks.
The URL is fine, but when it displays in the Shapely header, the html span tags on the slug are displayed eg Category: span<> tagsHistoryspan</> tags like in the demo Shapely site . . . which makes me think it’s an issue with the theme itself. This issue has been raised earlier in this forum too.

Also on Colorib demo site Markup Archives - Shapely Demo
Hope you can help

Hi

Yes, now I got it, this problem is already reported here: Category name in span tag · Issue #336 · ColorlibHQ/shapely · GitHub

Regards

Thanks for reporting it . . . any ideas how long this may take, as it’s been reported previously?
Cheerio for now,

Hi there

Im sorry, but I cant provide any estimate dates :frowning:

Regards