Sparkling requests

Hello again,

Thanks as always for this awesome theme. My visitors really appreciate the look!

I have some requests and can’t find any solution that works for me:

1. I selected the sticky header and it’s fine. Is there a way to only have the main menu fixed and make the logo/sitetitle disappear when scrolling down? That would help a lot on mobile versions of my blog and when I get a picture to add (it will make the header broader).

2. I’ve found many solutions to hide tags after articles, but none of them seems to work. How can I do it?
    To make it more clear, I don’t want readers to see tags below the article (that’s where they are now and want them to disappear).

3. When people leave a comment, a message appears below the article sayns “X thoughts on… articletitle” (X is a real number). Can I hide it?

4. Last, in my home page I get a button under every article’s preview which says “Approfondisci” (I think it’s read more in english). Any possible way to change it to “Leggi” ?

Sorry if packed all these questions in one single post, but I thought it would be less “spam”-like.

Thanks for support.

www.formazionegestalt.it

Hi @sebagela,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

1) I selected the sticky header and it’s fine. Is there a way to only have the main menu fixed and make the logo/sitetitle disappear when scrolling down? That would help a lot on mobile versions of my blog and when I get a picture to add (it will make the header broader).

Could you please share me your site URL where you are using the sticky header so that i can help you to achieve it?

Sorry if packed all these questions in one single post, but I thought it would be less “spam”-like.

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your every question here Sparkling - Colorlib Support Forum instead of asking all questions in one thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

Also it will help others searching for the answer of similar question.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello,

My URL is www.formazionegestalt.it, as mentioned at the end of the first post.

Sorry if I packed all the questions. I’ll make three more topics for questions from 2 to 4.

Thanks in advance,

Sebastiano

1) I selected the sticky header and it’s fine. Is there a way to only have the main menu fixed and make the logo/sitetitle disappear when scrolling down? That would help a lot on mobile versions of my blog and when I get a picture to add (it will make the header broader).

You are always applying the class navbar-fixed-top to the navigation to always make it fixed at the top.

Instead you should only apply this class using javascript when the site is scrolled then you can hide the logo/site title using the following CSS code.

.navbar-fixed-top #logo {
    display: none;
}

For the javascript code you can refer the code developed in the plugin shared in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/fixed-header-on-every-page/#post-37757

The code works but my logo just disappears completely from the website.

I want it to be on screen, but need it to disappear when scrolling down and keep only the navigation menu.

I had already tried the plugin and wasn’t satisfied.

I went back to sticky head through theme settings but still trying to solve this.

This is happening because it seems you have not read my previously posted reply carefully so i am posting it again.

You are always applying the class navbar-fixed-top to the navigation to always make it fixed at the top.

Instead you should only apply this class using javascript when the site is scrolled then you can hide the logo/site title using the following CSS code.

Sorry, the thread you posted is full of information and I am not sure on what to do.

I don’t know how I am always applying the class navbar-fixed-top.
You said that I should only apply it using javascript when is scroll the page and THEN hide the logo using the code you wrote.

So how do I use javascript? Could you please guide me through the operation?

For the javascript code you can refer the code developed in the plugin shared in the following reply.

There are two plugins (one is custom, I guess), a code and a page full of information I couldn’t understand.

I don’t know how I am always applying the class navbar-fixed-top.

Then just remove the sparkling theme on your site and reinstall the latest version of it.

There are two plugins (one is custom, I guess), a code and a page full of information I couldn’t understand.

You have to use the custom plugin shared in the following reply.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/fixed-header-on-every-page/#post-37757

Hello Movin,

sorry for the late answer.

Custom Plugin cannot be activated because it generates a fatal error:

Cannot redeclare add_custom_scripts()

It seems there is already a function add_custom_scripts declared on your site so i changed the name of this function in the plugin and attached the updated plugin to this reply.

Please try using attached updated plugin.

Hello Movin, thanks for the plugin.

So, I added the plugin to my site. Now I have to add the code to custom CSS, right?

Yes you are right.

Ok, I’ve tried what you said and title disappears completely (screenshot attached).

Instead, I need it to disappear only when I scroll down the page so that only the menu remains fixed (this is useful to me on mobile version of the site)

Ok let’s handle this differently.

Please remove the custom Colorlib Plugin that you have installed on your site and also remove the custom CSS code that i have shared above in this topic.

Then use the attached custom plugin that is specially developed for you.

Thanks a lot! It works now :smiley:
Sorry if I bothered you so much!

You are always welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi! Sorry if I go back to this. I added a logo picture days ago and noticed that scrolling down on some devices just makes the logo disappear but leaves a big white space.

I decided to deactivate the plugin you provided and keep the logo sticked to the header, but it just keeps disappearing. Any way to go back to usual?

It’s displaying fine for me on your site by scrolling it as shown in the attached screenshot.

Please try clearing your browser cache.

It’s fine now. Strange… I didn’t even clear any cache and had tested it on mobiletest.me, smartphone and tablet. Ok thanks agains so :slight_smile:

Glad it’s working fine for you now :slight_smile: