Static frontpage, slider on blog page

Hello,

Love the theme.

Within WP I have created a static homepage - using one of my site pages.

I have created another page called blog and selected that as my blog page.

When I enable the slider is shows on my static homepage.

How can I remove the slider from my static homepage and instead have it display on my blogs page?

Thanks for the help.

Simon.

One more thing:

The static homepage also displays a search box at the bottom - how do I remove that please?

Hi @sbeertv,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

How can I remove the slider from my static homepage and instead have it display on my blogs page?

You can try achieving this by using the attached custom child theme of Sparkling theme that contains some custom code.

The static homepage also displays a search box at the bottom – how do I remove that please?

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you to remove it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Perfect the child theme works perfectly - sliders now show on the blog page and not static homepage.

My website is www.simonbeer.com - please help with the errant search box at the bottom of the homepage.

Many thanks for your GREAT support!

You can remove that search box from homepage widget area of your site as shown in the attached screenshot.

Thank you - that was a rookie error!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Thanks Movin,

One last thing…

Now I have my blog posts on a static page the “read more” button doesn’t work, meaning that my main (static) blog page has all the articles.

Is their a way to get the read more function working again?

Many thanks for all your help.

To help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for each of your other questions here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/sparkling/ instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.