Static Header/logo image (Activello Theme)

Hi guys,

I previously had a static header/logo on my website www.simplytravelled.com. I believe I may have previously edited the header.php to set a static header image which was a large landscape photo. During a recent update of wordpress the header image is now missing from my website. The header image was set above the menu. I searched the forums, though couldn’t find a solution and stupidly I didn’t document the process.

Can you please advise?

Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

To achieve this try using the attached child theme of Activello theme and then add the header image code in between the following tags on line number 35 in the header.php file of that child theme.

<div class="container">

<div class="row">

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks for the reply Movin, can you please provide the header code?

You can add image tag as described on the following page in between the above shared tags.

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_img.asp

Thanks Movin,

I have added the header image, though I would like it to span the full width of the page (similar to the slider image), can you please let me know the code to implement this?

Thanks

Rob

Also, I am already running another activello child theme to update the footer so will need the file/code to update this.

Also, I am already running another activello child theme to update the footer so will need the file/code to update this.

Please refer the header.php file in my shared child theme file to update in your child theme.

I have added the header image, though I would like it to span the full width of the page (similar to the slider image), can you please let me know the code to implement this?

After implementing the solution on your site please notify me so that i can check it on your site and help you to achieve it.

Hi Movin,

I have grabbed the code from the child theme header.php file and implemented this on my site, though in it’s current state the header logo is still cropped and doesn’t cover the full width of the page. Even if I increase the image width. You can see the current header at www.simplytravelled.com

Thanks

Rob

You can try making it full width by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

#masthead .navbar.navbar-default .container {
    max-width: 100%;
    width: 100%;
    padding: 0;
}
#masthead .navbar.navbar-default .site-navigation-inner.col-sm-12 {
    width: 1090px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    float: none;
    max-width: 100%;
}
#masthead .navbar.navbar-default .container .row {
    margin: 0;
}

Hi Movin,

This issue is now resolved, thanks for all your help.

Thanks

Rob

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: