static slider, sub-menus and linear scaling

Hi Movin

could you please make modified child theme for me that incorporates my static slider/header function you made earlier for me with sub-menu functionality that was discussed for instance here:

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-to-make-a-two-tier-menu-item/#post-24747

…and both in addition to the more flexible text excerpt scaling that did not use to work properly, that was discussed here:

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/scalingchange-size-of-the-slider-text-and-bars/#post-63145

My function.php is like this and as said above that needs to be added with the scaling excerpt and sub-menu functionality. The menu code given to Dane earlier did not work on the HOME page(maybe clashed with your earlier custom code for static slider?..only after going to the first sub-menu page, there was the sub-sub items visible:

<?php

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles', 99 );
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
}

/**
 * Featured image slider, displayed on front page for static page and blog
 */
function sparkling_featured_slider() {
  if ( is_front_page() && of_get_option( 'sparkling_slider_checkbox' ) == 1 ) {
    echo '<div class="flexslider">';
      echo '<ul class="slides">';

$count = of_get_option( 'sparkling_slide_number' );
        // $slidecat =of_get_option( 'sparkling_slide_categories' );

$query = new WP_Query( array( 'posts_per_page' =>$count, 'post_type' => 'page', 'meta_key' => 'slider_page' ) );
        if ($query->have_posts()) :
          while ($query->have_posts()) : $query->the_post();

echo '<li><a href="'. get_permalink() .'">';
            if ( (function_exists( 'has_post_thumbnail' )) && ( has_post_thumbnail() ) ) :
              echo get_the_post_thumbnail();
            endif;

echo '<div class="flex-caption">';
                  if ( get_the_title() != '' ) echo '<h2 class="entry-title">'. get_the_title().'</h2>';
                  if ( get_the_excerpt() != '' ) echo '<div class="excerpt">' . get_the_excerpt() .'</div>';
              echo '</div>';
              echo '</a></li>';
              endwhile;
            endif;

echo '</ul>';
    echo ' </div>';
  }
}

Thank you in advance!

In addition to that above mentioned issues I have a new problem again. It’s the header logo that is not vertically aligned in the full/normal mode, but only shows vertically centralized in mobile and tablet mode.

And I also noticed I can not make the “related pages” thing to work with any of the many plug ins I have tried. There was one plug in that was able to add categories to pages properly(which is necessary before even thinking of related pages function?), but I can not make them to appear as related pages on the bottom of each page, no matter which plug in I try.

Here is my website temporarily available so it’s easier to see what’s wrong with it. I hope you can quickly take a look so I can hide it again for fixing.

1.the header logo (suitcase) is not vertically aligned in fullscreen mode, only in mobile it works. And actually the ideal way would be to have it visible in all other pagesm but not the landing page/slider one that has the logo already included. Can you fix it?

1. Like I said I need the submenu of submenu to be available like in the before mentioned Dane’s case. Now the code is not there and the menu wont show at all, but if I add the code you gave to Dane earlier the menu only comes if I first click “india” or other country in the list and then the other menu items appear. I want the submenu to come out in the landing page/home page too.

2. I ended up disabling the clickable text excerpt in mobile mode as it’s not good, so I did not use the “bottom” code after all you gave me while ago. And the scaling is not very good yet like you see. The excerpt overlaps with the navigation bar. And that I would love to have scaling smaller linearly untill it disappears in mobile mode.

3. And I wonder what’s wrong with the related posts/pages as there is major problems to make it work on any plug in I tried.

Now I have this plug in activated that adds categories and tags to pages and it works fine; Add Category to Pages – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Sorry this long and confusing request, but I have had these problems for the last six months and I need to get the site online asap. Thank you in advance!

Hi @kauno,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

could you please make modified child theme for me that incorporates my static slider/header function you made earlier for me with sub-menu functionality that was discussed for instance here:

…and both in addition to the more flexible text excerpt scaling that did not use to work properly, that was discussed here:

Please refer the information about child theme provided on this page Child Themes « WordPress Codex and try to do it.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Regarding your other questions to help us keep support thread separates could you please create new thread for your other questions here Sparkling - Colorlib Support Forum instead of asking them in your single thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Best Regards,
Movin

Ok, thanks. But I thought you have made several custom child themes, or provided code for the user to implement themselves here earlier too, so I asked for it. Should I make separate threads for those different numbers of support requests?

I already have child theme that you made me earlier. I think everything people ask here are more or less “custom” solutions:-) And these are very basic things I was asking for. I need to get them right before thinking of hiring some one for any more complicated implementations. So I start new thread containing the menu issue only. I will add the code given in the thread I referred for making the sub-sub menu visible and then you can see what’s wrong with it? Is it ok?

Hi again, the menu works, just like out of the blue it is alright now! So happy now. So I may start another thread of something else like the logo thing:-)

We help users by creating simple custom code and not complex one and also it depends on how many times an user asks for custom code.

If you already have child theme and want to use another custom code in to it from other child theme then you can just compare the files of child themes and code in them and add the absence code and files in to your child theme. It would be redundant work for us to do this every time so it would be helpful for us and you if you do this yourself or hire someone to do it.

For this time i am helping you here to merge two code.

Could you please share me the topic URL where i have made the static slider/header function for you?

Sorry i can’t remember the help provided for each user as there are many users in this forum to whom i help daily.

..and both in addition to the more flexible text excerpt scaling that did not use to work properly, that was discussed here:

Scaling/change size of the slider text and bars?

The text excerpt custom CSS code that i shared there is to add in the custom CSS option of the theme so i am not sure what you want to merge from that thread in the child theme or is it different question altogether?

Please create separate topic for separate questions and also do not ask questions in private reply instead just share the sensitive information like site URL in the separate private reply this is because if other users ask the same question like you then to save time and provide quick support we share the URL of existing topic like this so we have to not to make thread messy and hard to read.

I am sure you understand this :slight_smile:

Hi, I now understand better the logic behind the support procedure. Thanks for explaining. I am getting confused myself too about what I have already done and tried so far:-) And I just realized the child theme I was referring to was not made for me, but someone else on this topic “slider for pages”: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/slider-for-pages/#post-33351

…and I just picked it from there. However, you also made me another child-theme that did not work very well with my excerpt scaling issue, so I did not use it after all.
https://colorlibsupport.com/t/scalingchange-size-of-the-slider-text-and-bars/#post-51432

Instead I now replaced the function.php with the one you made for Dane for two tier menu issue that is sticky post. First it did not work, but trying second time it worked miraculously and the “slider for pages” customization remained! So the slider for pages/static slider and the menu issue are solved.

Therefore I’m left with the “logo only on mobile” wish(and changing the size of the logo so that it remains vertically aligned in all modes as it looks bulky now), and also the excerpt and the non-linear scaling still bothers me although now the site is somehow usable to make it live. I returned to basic and removed the code you gave on that scaling topic for keeping the excerpt on for mobile. I think I just need to change the size of the font on the excerpt, or length of it to prevent it to overlap with the navigation bar before it switches to mobile. And find a way to get the “read more/continue reading” to appear.

I can make another topic about related pages if this gets off topic:-).

Best wishes and sorry again for being complicated.

Awesome great to see you got the slider for pages/static slider and the menu issues resolved.

Please advise if you have more questions in new topics.

Have a fantastic day!