Stop resizing thumbnail images

Hello,
thanks for the great work.
I’d like to know how do I stop resizing the thumbnail images in my website build with Portum.

I’ve followed the instructions in the topic related to Sparklin theme, but it does not apply, because I do not see that string in the functions.php file ( https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-can-i-stop-resizing-featured-images/#post-29444).
I anticipate I do not use Jetpack plugin.

Thanks a lot

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You will have to go to the Class-portum.php file via portum\inc\class-portum.php and change the image sizes there.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you, I’ve found the php file but I’m not sure how to modify it. Is it here? I don’t see any sizes, so how do I edit it?

add_theme_support( 'automatic-feed-links' );
		add_theme_support( 'title-tag' );
		add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' );
		add_theme_support( 'customize-selective-refresh-widgets' );
		add_theme_support( 'custom-logo', array(
			'flex-width'  => true,
			'flex-height' => true,
		) );

Alternatively, I see another option: below I find the image sizes section, but no page-thumbnail identifier:

/**
		 * Image sizes
		 */
		add_image_size( 'portum-blog-section-image', 345, 240, true );
		add_image_size( 'portum-blog-post-image', 520, 345, true );
		add_image_size( 'portum-blog-post-sticky', 850, 460, true );
		add_image_size( 'portum-main-slider', 1600, 600, true );
		add_image_size( 'portum-portfolio-image', 400, 450, true );
		add_image_size( 'portum-team-image', 275, 275, true );
	}

Adding it to the list does not work. What should I do?
Thank you

Hello Fattyma,

You would need to change the portum blog post image to false, so that was the resizing would not happen.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello,
thank you for the advice. Unfortunately this change is not effective. The element class is “attachment-portum-blog-post-sticky size-portum-blog-post-sticky wp-post-image” so I changed both the blog post image to false and the blog post sticky image to false.
Neither worked. I deleted the browser cache and tried on different browsers: the image is 2858 x 1328 and (http://www.dnra.it/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Lo-studio2.jpg) and it is being resized anyways.
Any other hint please?

Thank you
Best regards

Hello Fattyman,

Since you have already changed the code, you can use this plugin to regenerate the thumbnails:

Another option is to delete the code controlling that thumbnail, it should be either the portume blog section image of the portum blog post image. Once you delete those then the theme won’t create thumbnails of the images.

Best Regards,
Support

Success! Using the plugin worked: I had to resize all thumbnails.
Thanks so much

Great :slight_smile:
I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions Thanks!