Stylesheet Changes

Hi there, apologies in advance if this has been answered.

I’d like to change some of the settings on the stylesheet - namely the size (height) of the blog archive header image (it’s way to big for my liking).

When I go to Dashboard > Appearance > Editor > Stylesheet (style.css)

I get this (see below) - there’s no code.

Can you assist?

/*
Theme Name: Illdy
Theme URI: Illdy - Free One Page WordPress Business Theme - Colorlib
Author: Colorlib
Author URI: https://colorlib.com
Description: Illdy is a stunning multipurpose WordPress theme built based on Bootstrap frontend framework making it fully responsive and mobile friendly. This theme is well suited for business, landing page, portfolio or any other creative websites. This leaves heavy lifting to WordPress Customizer therefore you can create your website on live preview mode. Which means that you can see changes happen on your website in real time as you make them
Version: 1.0.33
License: GNU General Public License v2 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html
Tags: blog, e-commerce, portfolio
Text Domain: illdy

This theme, like WordPress, is licensed under the GPL.
Use it to make something cool, have fun, and share what you’ve learned with others.
*/

Might as well post some further things I’d like to do!

Website is - http://www.bemoore.com.au/wordpress/

1. Can you remove the ADDRESS & CUSTOMER SUPPORT sections / lines in the Contact Us section?

2. In the same section (Contact Us) I’ve added in a Mobile Phone box. This has caused my Message box not look as I intended it too. Is there a simple fix for that?

3. Home / Front Screen - the gap between the bottom of my logo and the text is too big, can I reduce that particular padding / margin?

4. Is it easy enough to change the fonts?

I guess I could find this if I could access the stylesheet!

Cheers

Morro

Hello Morro,

Here you can find the stylesheet of the theme:
http://www.bemoore.com.au/wordpress/wp-content/themes/illdy/layout/css/main.css

You might want to get the rules from there and place them in a child theme style.css

As for the second email, pretty much all of the requests require some custom work outside of the free support scope.

I can do my best to guide you around with them, but if you are looking for any paid dedicated premium support you might want to add me directly on Skype (Ion Rutz)

Best regards

Thanks Ion,

Is there a link or instructions to create a child theme?

If the other requests can be done by altering the stylesheet (child) - I will be able to work all of those out.

Hello @morro,

You should have a look over here:

Let me know if it got you sorted.

Cheers

I’ll be honest, it’s very difficult to follow. But i’ll get there.

Bluehost is my host provider - it is easiest to create the child theme in the directory / file manager?

Back to my initial question - the style.css stylesheet.

As I said - when I view the style sheet with the theme editor - there is no code. Just some intro text.

I want the code to be there - I want to see it (so I can edit it and then see the changes on the live site)

I’ve tried pasting the code from the link you provided - made some simple colour change edits to the code and nothing happens.

Am I doing something wrong.

Disregard previous post please - I’ve worked it out!

Just a few more little edits and I should be ok to go.

1. I’d like to include some level three headings in my about text. When I put in the code

<h3>GROW MORE, LIVE MORE, BE MOORE</h3/>

It looks perfect on the preview. When I save and update - it reverts back to normal text.

1. I’d like to change the font of the headings - where in the child theme will I find that?

2. On the pages (eg. My Story) - I’d ike to make the image not as high. Which sheet do I need to edit for that.

Cheers

My images also do not display on an ipad or mobile (just get a grey background). The logo doesn’t even shrink to fit the device (mobile).

Hi Ion,

I’ve launched to www.bemoore.com.au

It’s working fine - I’ve created the Child Theme and can edit that fine.

I’d still like to change the heading fonts.

MENU ISSUE - The link to My Story isn;t working - I get this error message. I deleted and recreated the page, redid the menu and the still message came up

The requested URL /my-story/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It should be working fine - it was before I transferred to the .com.au and lost the /wordpress

Working now!

Disregard all previous emails!!!

What i’d like to do is :

1. I’d like to include some level three headings in my about text. When I put in the html code

<h3>GROW MORE, LIVE MORE, BE MOORE</h3/>

It looks perfect on the preview (Level 3 Heading). When I save and update – it reverts back to normal text.

1. I’d like to change the font of the headings – where in the child theme will I find that?

2. On the pages (eg. My Story) – I’d ike to make the image not as high. Which sheet in my child folder do I need to edit for that.

Thanks in advance!

Also

My images also do not display on an ipad or mobile (just get a grey background). The logo doesn’t even shrink to fit the device (mobile).

The images within the normal body text also don’t resize or centre.

Hello @morro,

This is quite an emotional carousel, I’m happy that you got so far with all the theme setup.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but it seems like there’s some general bug with the iOS header display, so we are just conducting an investigation for it and hopefully we’ll see a new theme update to get this covered.

If you can maybe provide a couple of screenshots with your exact issue, that would be great!

Best regards

Ha ha, certainly is!

The attached pics are taken from my iphone. The background image is replaced with a grey background and the logo doesn’t really resize.

Same for the images on the page. Same for the ipad.

My Story - Greenish background colour applied - logo not resizing all that well.

I’d still like to make that Header Image on the pages (My Story) much smaller in height.

Also - I’d like to turn some of the text into headings. - When I put in the html code

<h3>GROW MORE, LIVE MORE, BE MOORE</h3>

It looks perfect on the preview (Level 3 Heading). When I save and update – it reverts back to normal text.

Hello,

It seems like there’s some issue with the iOS header image and we are just conducting an investigation for it and will do our best to release an update with the fix in the shortest time.

As for the text formatting, the title and entry field delete all the HTML syntax upon saving, so you should style the elements directly, as you can only use tags like b, em, strong etc.

Sorry for the header inconvenience, and let me know if there’s anything else I could assist you with.

Best regards

Do we have a update on the mobile imagery / theme update Ion?

Cheers

Jarad

Hello!

I’ve created a child theme but, when I activate it, looks like parent theme Illdy, only with some changes. A lot of text are like in origin. I assumed that a child theme only modified what appeared in the file stule.css but didn’t change any more…

I show yoy two images to explain better the situation:

Thank’s so much and best regards