Submenu causes menu tree to disappears when mouseover

When I move the mouse over a submenu the menu tree and submenu disappears. The main dropdown menu works just fine, the problem seems to be with the submenu only.

What browser do you use? It appears to working just fine for me, at least on my demo website but I am not saying that there can’t be some problems with this theme.

I’ve activated the site temporarily so that you can check out the menu problem.

I use Firefox, but I’ve opened the site in Internet Explorer and Chrome and the menu still reacts the same way.

Also I deactivated plugins but that didn’t help either.

Those menu items acts a little weird, that’s for sure :slight_smile:

Try to add this to style.css

.main-nav ul li {
    display: inline-block;
}

Not sure if it will help but I see that it is missing from the original theme files.

I have plans to recreate this theme because this was my first theme I ever released and obviously it is far from perfect. It does look nice and all but its code is a disaster. Could switch to Bootstrap and start over. So far I can’t give you an exact release date on that but hopefully within a month or so I will start working on it. It is something I have postponed for a while but it really needs to be done.

Placed the code in style.css, but the problem persists. It’s something I can live with. I’ll tinker with the menu and see if I can find a work-around. If not, I can always remove the sub-menus.

By-the-way…if this is your first theme, congratulations, because you did an outstanding job! I really like the theme, it’s an eye catcher.

>> I have plans to recreate this theme because this was my first theme I ever released and obviously it is far from perfect. It does look nice and all but its code is a disaster.

Uh oh, did you end up recreating ?

Hi,
I have the same problem. As long as I dont have any submenus all works fine. But when I try to have submenues all disappear when I click n the menu item. The link shows as # - not the real page.
Did you found a solution?

Did you found a solution for this? I have the same problem…

Hi @ulfert,

This is the default behavior of Bootstrap framework that we have used in our theme. You can confirm it on the following Bootstrap framework nav menu demo page.

http://getbootstrap.com/examples/navbar/

If you want to make the top level menu link visited on clicking on it then you can use the solution posted in the following reply.

Best Regards,
Movin

This case is closed

Thanks