Suggestion for compatibility with child theme

Hello!

First of all, I wanted to thank you for all the efforts you made to make this theme available, it’s super cool ! I wanted to create a child theme for Sparkling in order to make some changes, but there are some problems with loading the style.css file of Sparkling.
I was wondering if it would be possible to update the Sparkling function.php to change the way the theme style is loaded in the next update. Here is my suggestion:

//Old
wp_enqueue_style( ‘sparkling-style’, get_stylesheet_uri(), null, ‘2.4.2’, ‘all’ );
//New
wp_enqueue_style( ‘sparkling-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’, array(), ‘2.4.2’, ‘all’ );

When using get_stylesheet_uri() with a child theme, the style.css file that will be loaded will be the one of the child theme and not the one of Sparkling. It’s a bit annoying. What do you think about this ?

Hey there

Thanks for sharing your solution and idea, of course its awesome and other with the problem will find and use your solution :slight_smile:

Hi !

Thank you for your answer! Do you know if this theme is still in active development? I thought perhaps to complete the translation of the theme in French, should I make the proposal on Wordpress, Github (the version on Github does not seem to be up to date) or simply here ?
It would be really great if the little suggestion I made could be applied in the next theme update ! Thanks, have a good day !

Hi

Well, that would be awesome, you may post them on the Github as well :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hello,

I haven’t finished the translation yet but I suggested two small changes on Github.
Thanks !

Thanks for that :slight_smile:

The developer will see your offer and will review it, unfortunately, I don’t have that privileges to review/accept them :slight_smile:

1 Like