Support for GoDaddy?

I unsuccessfully attempted to apply the illdy theme to my WordPress account hosted by GoDaddy. Here’s what happened.

1. I downloaded illdy to my Mac.
  2. I tried to watch the install video, but was unable to hear any sound (on Safari on my Mac, on MS Edge or MS Explorer on my Windows machine, or on an iPhone). Although it was a little difficult to see in the video, it looked like I was supposed to upload illdy.zip to WordPress.
  3. There was no .zip file in the download from your site, so I assumed I needed to compress the top-level illdy folder - which I did.
  4. I uploaded my compressed file to my WordPress account hosted by GoDaddy and activated the theme.
  5. After logging back into WordPress, the following error occurred when the page attempted to load:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home/content/70/7134470/html/wp-content/themes/illdy/inc/components/pagination/class.mt-pagination.php on line 53.

Luckily, I had backed up my account prior to attempting this. I called GoDaddy and made sure my account had the latest version of php installed. They did a php update, but nothing changed. We ended up uninstalling/reinstalling WordPress along with the backup and got back to my previous theme.

Not sure what to do next other than use one of the themes supplied by GoDaddy.

Not sure if this will help - but I’m on GoDaddy too and I didn’t have any trouble. I have a GoDaddy cpanel hosted account. I installed Wordpress through them, clicked “download” at this site: https://colorlib.com/illdy/ to download the installable zip file. Went to my GoDaddy wordpress site, logged into wp-admin, appearance, themes, add new, upload and then selected the zip file. Et voila! It worked for me.

Hello @anros,

This is quite strange.

The error you are getting should be fixed if you use at least PHP version 5.4.24
Can you double check that, please?

From what I know, the MAC automatically unzip the file when you download it, so you did everything alright.

Please try the above, check the PHP version and proceed to install the theme again.

I’m sorry for the inconvenience, but there’s not much I can do, especially without any access

I downloaded the theme to a Windows 10 machine. The download was not automatically unpacked like it was on the Mac. So I uploaded the zip file from the PC and everything worked fine.

Downloading to the Mac, compressing the automatically unpacked folder, and uploading my homemade zip file wreaked havoc.

Thanks @marcee. I used your link.

That’s good news, glad it worked!

I am stuck now with the same problem only I am on a PC with Windows 19 and I cannot see any other templates to reverse the problem. All I see when I go to themes or, change your theme completely is

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in /home/content/b/m/e/bmedina/html/wp-content/themes/illdy/inc/components/pagination/class.mt-pagination.php on line 53

I am completely frozen. Please help.

Sorry Windows 10

Hello @angelen,

It seems like you need to upgrade your PHP version, please contact the server provider if you cannot reach it via the cpanel.

Use a minimum of PHP v5.4.24 and you’ll definitely fix the error.

Regards

Hello Lon Rutz,

i am using PHP v 5.4.24 but the same error,

Anyone please get any solution to this problem, so i get this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STATIC in {PATH}/wp-content/themes/illdy/inc/components/pagination/class.mt-pagination.php on line 48

thanks a lot :slight_smile:

Hello,

Can you please clear the cache and reload the website in a new browser, maybe?

The only fix I know about for this error is newer PHP version and it fixed it every single time when it happened before, so I really suspect that you need to fully reload the website and it will just work alright.

If nothing makes this works, I might need to contact us via [email protected] with more details about what you tried and temporary login credentials.

Kind regards