tablet & mobile device - sidebar widgets not visible

Hi
On previous forum, https://colorlibsupport.com/t/header-images-not-responsive-on-mobile-view/
I raised a few related issues - most of it is resolved except for one last thing which is quire important so if it’s OK, I’ll start a new thread. The right-hand sidebar widgets are not appearing either on tablet (both when I click desktop and in normal view) and on smartphone - desktop view only. On bigger screens (on desktop & tablet wider screen) they appear as normal. I have no idea what’s causing this and it is strange that they are visible as you scroll down on my smartphone - but not in desktop view. Any ideas you have would be much appreciated. My site is - https://guided-mountain-walks.com/.
Thanks

Hey there,
Hope you’re doing well today

Tablets and mobile devices aren’t wide enough to display the sidebar to the side, so the sidebar widgets are usually displayed below the main content. I tried this on a regular sized iPad and Kindle Fire just to be sure. I think the only tablet that could handle this is an iPad Pro.

Your sidebar widgets should be under the content (from my end, they are there).

Sorry about that.

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks
Yes, I understand that but as I tried to explain, when I view the site on smartphone using desktop view or on tablet (narrow/portrait screen) the sidebar widgets do not appear under the main content. Do you have any idea why that might be?They do appear as you would expect beneath the content when in full site view on smartphone and to the right of the content on tablet widescreen.
Thanks again

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

Thanks for explaining a bit further, and my apologies for misunderstanding.
Something like this would go much deeper than just CSS and would see you jumping into the PHP files of the theme.

Have a look at some explanations given in this thread. It basically sums up what’s happening:

Also, if you’re not up to going that deep with code, you may want to file this as a bug in the GitHub so that our developer can come up with a solution which could be made available with an update.

You may use the link here: https://github.com/puikinsh/shapely/issues/

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks for your reply. I have raised the issue as you suggest in GitHub. What I find difficult to understand is that the widgets are visible on mobile when on normal (fullsite) view, but not in desktop view. I have a couple of final issues re layout on mobile devices but will start a new thread.

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch with us.

The theme was built with Bootstrap along with WordPress standards at the core and as a result of this, whether you’re using desktop mode or not, mobile CSS Media Queries will always take over. There’s literally no way around it. As a result of that, you find that some elements are either not displayed or will display in an unfavorable manner because theme developers and web development on a whole is moving away from the idea of using desktop mode on a mobile phone. To add to that, It’s counter productive for a developer to put in all that work to create a dedicated interface for mobile phones, then go back to using desktop mode.

I’m sorry bout it’s just not something you’ll be able to get a hot fix for because it’s an architecture thing, however, I’m pretty sure our developer will do the best he can for you.

All the best.

Best Regards,
Support