Testimonials disappeared in update to 2.0.1

I see that Illdy 2.0.1 is asking for a widget to be added for the testimonials section of the homepage now… I cannot find a widget that utilizes the testimonials from JetPack, Colorlib or Illdy. I also do not see documentation that is different than to simply add testimonials to the Jetpack custom post type of testimonials. I have 15 testimonials loaded in Jetpack and none display within the source code of the homepage.

Please advise.

Can be seen here: http://www.spokanemusicschool.com/

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

In order to add testimonials, you need to go to Appearance > Customize > Front Page Sections > Testimonials Section, ensure the testimonials is on and add a testimonial which will have you select a widget, simply select the Illdy Testimonial widget…

Also, please go to Appearance > About Illdy > Recommended Actions and install the Illdy Companion Plugin.

Best Regards,
Support

Thank you for your quick response.

I am only seeing the following [Illdy] widgets: Counter, project, service, person, recent post, skill

How can I get or recover the testimonial widget? What others am I missing?

I had deleted and reinstalled the companion yesterday, and deactivated/reactivated it today, and nothing. I just deleted and reinstalled companion again and it resolved my issue. It actually displayed all of the previous testimonials within the widget as if they had been there the whole time. Weird.

Resolved.

Hi,

Glad it helped. :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have any other questions in a separate thread.

Thanks,
laranz.