Text editor option is not opening for customizing my front page sections

Hello,

When customizing my front page sections, it seems that only the visual editor is available to me. Clicking on the text editor tab highlights it but does nothing. Is this bug specific to my site? Is there something I can try to fix it?

Thanks!
Meg

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

The text and visual editor both do the same thing, however you may have a plugin blocking the feature or you need to update the theme/ companion plugin. Please go Dashboard > Update and ensure that you have installed all the pending updates.

Best Regards,
Support

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

The text and visual editor both do the same thing, however you may have a plugin blocking the feature or you need to update the theme/ companion plugin. Please go Dashboard > Update and ensure that you have installed all the pending updates.

Best Regards,
Support

I want to add a few custom style things like new paragraphs and such. Can I do that using the visual editor?

I turned off all my plugins and tested the text editor with the plugins deactivated, it still won’t let me edit. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

I have updated all pending updates.

I am having this same problem. The visual editor strips line breaks and what should be 3 paragraphs is displaying as one run-on paragraph.

If the visual editor and the text editor do the same thing, why is there a choice? Is there a way to enter pure HTML in the About Section?

Hello there,

The text editor can allow HTML code to be used to add style to the text.
As it relates, to the text tab being blocked, please try disabling any third party plugins that you have active to see which of theme may be the cause of the issue.

Best Regards,
Support

Thanks again for your response.

Even with all plugins disabled, the text editor still isn’t opening for me. Everything is updated. . . hmmm.

I also have deactivated all plugins except the Illdy Companion and the text tab is still not selectable.

What is the next step in troubleshooting this problem. I don’t want to abandon this theme but will have to if this problem is not fixable.

Update - tried editing in a different browser and Text tab is now selectable. Was using Safari on a Mac and it seems to work on Firefox for Mac.

Thanks so much! Using Firefox for Mac solved my problem too!

Hello there,

Nice work finding the solution.
Please feel free to contact us again in the future regarding any other issues.

Best Regards,
Support