text field on jumbotron

hi–

Just wondering if there is a not too complicated way to add a couple lines of text to the right of logo on jumbotron.

I thought about modyfing a logo to display this text but I would like one of the lines to be a clickable email address.

many thanks for any suggestions

Jacek

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You would have to edit the theme’s code. another option is to use a third party plugin to add text, here is one:

Best Regards,
Support

thanks for these suggestions. I have tried the top bar plugin but I think I need to go the coding route. can you recommend anyone who could help me?

many thanks

Jacek

well, in the meantime I have been playing with coding and by trial and error have gotten pretty close to where I want to be (printscreen attached). the only thing that I cannot figure out is how to change link hover color. The default colors are not visible because of the background picture and the following CSS does not work:

div.lvemail a hover {
color: green;
}

I was only able to change link color, but not hover color, using html code. CSS would not change link color either.

If you could point me to a solution, that would be awesome.

much appreciated

Jacek

Hi there

please provide url and i will take a look

here is the link to my page: leanvision.pl

thank you

HI

Try this css:

.lvemail a:hover {
color: red !important;
}

excellent, it worked !! thank you so much

thank you for such amazing support. before we close this ticket, could I ask you one more question?
I placed a search box in the jumbotron but am struggling to change the input text color. I have tried many suggestions from the internet such as:

#header div.search-form-box input[type=text]
{color: white !important;
}

but nothing works. I am only able to change the background but not the text color. the link to the site is leanvision.pl

very grateful

Jacek

Hello there,

Could you please provide a link to your website so that I can inspect it?

Best Regards,
Support

here is the link to my website: leanvision.pl

thank you again for your support

Jacek

just solved it with the following CSS:

input#s { color: black; }

Jacek

Cool :slight_smile:
I will close this case now, Jacek feel free to contact us again if you have other questions
Thanks!

hello, I came back to wordpress after a 3 year absence and am relearing things from scratch. Back then I created a webpage in two languages using your illdy theme. I distinctly remember that I was able to modify entries on Front Page in two languages from the Customize link but that option has dissapeared. the website is still displaying both languages and I am using a child Theme of illdy.

Could you point me in the right direction to fix this issue? many thanks

Jacek