The date of blog post shows two dates

My page is showing 2 dates under my picture! When I changed the date to publish that page, it added a 2nd date instead of just changing the existing date. How can I fix this so I do not have 2 dates showing??!!

The most simplest of things should not be an issue!!!

Hey there

Let me see it, please provide URL of the website and I will check it

Regards

Did you get my reply?

I don’t see my response here, but I answered you this (Monday) morning. You can see the links below of the two that are published and up. Before I scheduled out the others, they all did the same thing. Today when I went to begin a new post and hadn’t even published it yet, when I went to Preview the post, it had 2 dates under the picture as well. Whatever you can do to help, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you, Nancy

Hi there

That’s weird, it should not appear like that, are you using any child theme or any modification in your theme?

I am not a techie so I don’t know what you mean. I was told by Wordpress Bakery people that there’s an issue in the coding with the theme and that I had to find help from you all.

Is there someone who can help me?

Thank you so much,

Nancy

Hi Nancy

Can you please send your admin details in a private message here? I will investigate your problem

Hello? I never heard back from you. I sent an email with the snapshot of where Wordpress people said was the issue. Did you receive that? Thank you.

This is what I sent to you.

I would love to get an answer to this problem because I am seeing the same issue on my blog page. From what I see, one date is the original date it was publisheda and the other date seems to be the last date the post was edited.

Having the same issue as well. It seems something with post dates was broken in the latest 1.2.15 update. I have just rolled back to a backup with 1.2.14 for now.

The “posted-on” section used to be made up of “entry-date” and “updated” dates in 1.2.14 and before:

Now both of those dates seem to just be grouped together in 1.2.15, like @Nancy1111 screenshot above.

Hi there

Sorry about that, I just reported this problem: Dates are duplicated · Issue #334 · ColorlibHQ/shapely · GitHub
Sorry for incovenience, it going to be fixed in the next theme update

Regards

Can you tell us when the next update will be?

Also, this double date issue is a recent problem. Can you explain why it started happening all of a sudden?

Hi Nancy

Sorry, I cant provide any estimated dates :frowning:
Well, this is hard to say, something triggered it in the recent update

Regards

Can we narrow it down? Days, 1-3 months? Longer?

This is very frustrating and appreciate your help.

Can we narrow it down? Days, 1-3 months? Longer?

This is very frustrating and appreciate your help.

hi Nancy

Im sorry, I really cant say when, I also cant provide any estimates

Hi, I too have two dates displayed under the post title. I made a test post and only one date (published) was displayed. I then edited the post and changed the published date to earlier. On the front end the post had two dates without a space between them, the published date and the edited date.
I have had to hide the date in the theme settings for now but I would like to display the published date only.
If this is related to the Shapely theme, then I’d like to know if this is being looked into as it is 5 months now. I’m using v1.2.15 but it was happening before I updated too.
Perhaps it is in a php script somewhere but I cannot find it.
Thanks

Hi there

Those are publish and edit dates and this problem is already reported, sorry about that

Regards

Hey there

My apologies, this problem is already reported and we are waiting for the fix in the theme update, unfrorutnelly I cant offer any hotfix before then.

Regards