the jumbotron photo

I my jumbotron photo wont stay in place like the demo does and like the counter widget. where the image is a BG and you’re going down elevator looking out a window. I searched but can’t really come up with proper term to search for the problem.

help me. lol what steps am i missing?

Hello Jeremy,

Can you please provide a couple of screenshots of the behaviour that you are encountering?

Right now I see a custom jumbotron image, as well as a counter background image that is not coming from the demo content, so I’d say you got this fixed.

Looking forward to it.

https://colorlib.com/illdy/ here is your demo for illdy. See how the Jumbotron image stays in it place as you scroll down. now look at my site http://visdesignstudio.com/ the image on the jumbotron image moves as you scroll down. I searched but can’t really come up with proper term to search for the problem. lol what steps am i missing?

I hope I explained that better…

Hello Jeremy,

It seems like you need to head over to Dashboard > Appearances > Customize > Jumbotron and check the Parallax effect for the image. That will make the picture to stay in place!

Let me know if you got it alright.

Regards

Hello Jeremy,

It seems like you need to head over to Dashboard > Appearances > Customize > Jumbotron and check the Parallax effect for the image. That will make the picture to stay in place!

Regards

Sorry it looks like i dont have that option. I looked around on the dash board also appearance, setting media, jetpack…i 've got attached image of where am i brought by your instruction. thanks for the help!

BOOM figured it out. DON’T USE THE JUMBOTRON FOR IMAGES…it will load it as part of site. i mean it not fixed background image. So it scroll with the site. YOU WANT TO go to Genearl option>background image. from there you want No repeat/center/scroll. SMH! on with the rest. lol

Hi there, I am having the same problem since the update.

I have the Jumbotron on my home page, but all other pages have lost the Jumbotron image.

My site is billdowpmp.com and struggling to find out how to turn it back on.

Please help…
Bill Dow

Hello Bill,

If you haven’t update the theme version and get this automatically fixed, you should head over to Dashboard > Appearances > Jumbotron and uncheck the featured image.

Regards

Ok, great let me try that.

Yes, I believe I have the latest version of the theme. Does that not update automatically then, I have to manually do it.

Thanks again
Bill

The theme should not update automatically under no circumstances, so you need to go to Dashboard > Dashboard > Updates and proceed with it from there.

If you have any custom core files modifications please keep in mind that those will get erased (overwritten) so don’t forget to make a full backup before, for extra safety measures.

Let me know if the jumbotron uncheck option fixed all of your issues, though.

Bests

Awesome, thank you that worked!! :slight_smile:

Appreciate all your help.

Thanks
Bill

That’s great, I’m happy that we got it working!

Kind regards