The titles are cut

Hello, May i ask a question, I was followed the docs to install the Newspaperx theme, it is really a very nice one,
but once i import the demo data, i found all the titles in homepage, archive page etc are cut too short,
could anybody who can help take a look if anything i setup in wrong? url is www.1lu.org,

thanks in advance

Hey there

This is first time I see such problem, please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box

Hello Noda, here you are the temporary access url for you,

https://www.1lu.org/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=d6648b48bf2062016f3a37a43169c762

appreciate you help to check the issue

Thanks

Hi ZIggy

FIxed, please check agian, I just changed site language and it worked

hello Noda, you’re right if change the language back to English it could fix,
but even if I use English version , I still cannot post articles in Chinese, because the post show all words in homepage and blog page etc,
do i need change the theme file directly?

Thank you.

Hi

In this case, you have to use read more tag or excerpts in the posts, How to Properly Use the More Tag in WordPress

Hello Noda, yes you are right, the “read more” tag is working on it but I didn’t want to use it because the extra manual work and difficult to calculate the words and the first paragraph not always have same numbers words.

I m not a coder, but I also try to check the code of the theme and try to find a solution to solve this issue on search engine such as google , after serval times attempts, I found if use mb_strimwidth can work well, it can cut the title and post words correctly.

anyway, thank you so much for your suggestion, have a nice day.

Thank you for sharing solution Ziggy :slight_smile:

Have a great day too :slight_smile: