Theme customization

Hi, after a lot of search, I have like Activello to change my existing Twentytwelve theme. For now, I have installed Activello child theme 181 on Xampp, so I can customize it, before going live. After activating it, I am facing few issues as mentioned below:

1. The top menu, search box, and logo are all appearing on own separate lines.
  2. The slider set to display 5 posts from all categories, is not working even featured images selected.

I need your help as, I want to:

1. customize the front page same as on the ‘Live demo’ – meaning slider & layout all
  2. move logo on the top line left, aligned, followed by top menu as center aligned and then search bar icon aligned as right on the same line.
  3. about box on single post

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Rok…

Hey there,
I hope you’re doing well today

To be better able to assist you, please send the URL to your website so I can investigate the issue.

Interns of set up, be sure to follow the instructions outlined in the documentation that provides you with the necessary walk throughs.

Best Regards,
Support

Hi,
Thanks for reply. As I said, the theme is currently locally installed on Xampp server running WordPress. As for the slider, it’s started working for now, but it doesn’t “auto slide” to next post.
Can u help me getting the following done:

1. customize the front page same as on the ‘Live demo’ — meaning slider & layout all
  2. move logo on the top line left, aligned, followed by top menu as center aligned and then search bar icon aligned as right on the same line.
  3. Author box on single post

Best Regards,

Rok…

Hey there,

Thank you for the clarity.

1. For the home page ensure you have the correct layout selected.
    Appearance > Customize > Travelify main options > layout options > select right sidebar.
    This is the default layout used. After that simply add the widgets to your liking in the widget area to the right sidebar.
    post and content will show as they normally would.

2. The CSS is changes you’d like to make will require advanced CSS which is beyond the scope of support provided.
    I can help you with simple CSS, to get the right look on various devices kindly look into the use of media queries.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS

/*center menu*/
ul.root.l_tinynav1 {
    /* text-align: center; */
    margin-left: 8%;
}

/*move social menu center*/
.hgroup-right {
    margin-right: 33%;
}

/*move logo up*/
#site-logo {
    float: left;
    margin-top: 0px;
}
  1. This theme doesn’t come with an author box.
    You can try the use of a plugin to add this functionality. Simple Author Box – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Best Regards,
Support