Theme updated- parse error

Hi there,

I really like the Shapely theme, so I successfully uploaded it to my site a few weeks ago, and have been making changes. I finalized making changes a week ago, and the site was up and running for a few days. Three days ago, I check the site, and there was this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘[’ in D:\Hosting\13916924\html\wp-content\themes\shapely\inc\widgets\widget-home-clients.php on line 65

Godaddy was able to go in and change the theme, so that the site was no longer running on the Shapely theme. However, all of my changes and edits are on the Shapely theme, and I still want to use it. When I try to use it, and select “live preview”, I continue to get the error.

How can I get rid of this error? I am afraid that I will lose my information if I uninstall and reinstall.

Thanks!

Hi @buddychesnut,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

If you have made changes in the theme by using theme options and not editing any of its files then you will not lose it after uninstalling and reinstalling the theme.

After accessing your site please reinstall the theme by using the modified theme posted in the following topic to resolve the above mentioned issue.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/error-500-when-install/

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi,

Thanks for the help! I have reinstalled the theme using the modified one. However, now I cannot make a static front page. I tried going into Setting> Reading, but there is no link there. Where is it located?

Thanks!

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

However, now I cannot make a static front page. I tried going into Setting> Reading, but there is no link there. Where is it located?

Please first create home page in the pages section in the admin area of your site and then you can select this page as Static home page as shown in the attached screenshot.