Thumbnails size on the front page

Hello,
How could I get the same size for all my front page posts thumnails ?
I’ve tried “regenerate thumbnails” several times but it doesn’t work !

Thank you very much !
Celine

My website : https://lamariniereenvoyage.com/

Hey there,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I’ve attached a screenshot of the default thumbnail setting.
WordPress Dashboard: Settings > Media

Install the following plugin regenerate thumbnails plugin:

Then clear cache.

Best regards,
Support.

Hello and thank you for your help !
I already had this setting and it is working for the little square thumbnails. So I guess a post feactured picture is not called “thumbnail”. I was thinking of the front page post pictures that don’t have the same size as you can see attached. Is it possible to crop these pics at the same size ?
Thank you !!
Celine

I can see it is displaying fine as shown in the attached screenshot.

Have you managed to make it work?

Hello Movin !
That’s crazy, it is still not working on my PC (I search with firefox).
I tried with chrome and it is working properly…
And on internet explorer it is… a whole mess ! For both front page and post pages the pictures, texts and pictures are a complete mess. It looks like an old version of my site (like one month ago when nothing worked - before you helped me so much actually! :))
Do you have any idea where it could come from ?
Thank you so much !
Celine

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Hi Movin,
I’ve tried to deactivate every plugin but it didn’t change anything.
I added a post yesterday, attached is the result (on firefox, chrome and on my phone).
It drives me crazy… :smiley:
Thank you for your help !
Celine

I visited your shared site and it seems you are using Jetpack plugin on your site so could you please try temporary deactivating its Photon module on your site as shown in the attached screenshot?

This jetpack photon module is not updating the images stored on wp.com so to resolve the issue either disable this module or update the images on wp.com by contacting jetpack support team.

Then try regenerating thumbnails using the below plugin.

Hi Movin,
I just tried all this but it still doesn’t work :frowning:
Do you have any other idea or should I contact Jetpack if you’re sure the problem comes from them ?
Thank you so much !
Céline

This is happening on your site because by default the theme displays first two posts images full width and other posts half width as shown on the theme demo site here https://colorlib.com/activello/ but it seems you have displayed all the posts same size using CSS code but its image is not resized.

To resize third post image, you have to develop custom code in the child theme of Activello theme.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5

Hello Movin,
Ok, I understand. I’ll ask someone to help me with that, but I would like to try one last thing since I’ve noticed that only the two latest posts are displaying with a small sized picture (as attached). When I add posts, all the posts but the two latests have the “large” size.
So would you have a CSS code to change the size of these front page “thumbnails” in general ? I mean so that I can choose the size I want ?
Thank you very much for your help !
Celine

So would you have a CSS code to change the size of these front page “thumbnails” in general ? I mean so that I can choose the size I want ?

As said above you have to develop custom PHP code to achieve this. We can’t do this just using CSS code as CSS will stretch the images.