Tiled Gallery display on post page but not blog (front) page

So when I create a new post I import images and set them as a tiled mosaic. I then update and preview the post and it looks good in the timeline of post (front page blog site) as well as that single post page itself. As soon as I add text to the body of the post, below the tiled mosaic of images and then update and preview the post the images do not render in the post that appears in the timeline of post (blog site page) but is still visible in the single post page itself.

I need the images to appear as a tiled mosaic on the front page blog timeline of posts as well as the single post page. Can someone please help me overcome this hurdle.

Also, when the images that make up the tiled gallery are Set To “Link To: Media File”, how can I target that file to open in a new tab?

I’m working with WP 4.4.2, JP 3.9.6, using activello 1.0.2 theme. Hosted in local dev. environment.

Thank you for the help!

…a bit more clarification on what I need. I need the Tiled mosaic I create with jetpacks Tiled Galleries module to display as or in place of the featured image on in the front page (list of blog posts).

Thanks,
Evan

Hello, Is there anyone willing to help with this theme? I would hate to dump it because it does not work with Jetpack’s Tiled Galleries module. When i revert back to the default sixteen theme the tiles galleries work fine. when I use the Activello theme the Tiles galleries do not show up on the front page.

Some help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Evan

Hi Evan,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

I need the Tiled mosaic I create with jetpacks Tiled Galleries module to display as or in place of the featured image on in the front page (list of blog posts)

Could you please tell me that whether you have set to display whole post content on blog page or just its excerpt?

Also, when the images that make up the tiled gallery are Set To “Link To: Media File”, how can I target that file to open in a new tab?

I don’t find the plugin option to achieve this so could you please ask this to jetpack plugin author?

Best Regards,
Movin

Here is the response from wordpress Jetpack:

Your theme does indeed seem to use excerpts on the home page. The [...] symbol appears on all automatically generated excerpts by default: http://i.wpne.ws/fjIl

If you don’t receive a reply from the theme author, you could try to make the change yourself by editing your theme, finding the template file used to render your home page, and changing the_excerpt() into the_content().

I made some changes he suggested to the content.php and content-grid.php file of your theme but it had no effect on the theme. Since it didn’t do anything I have restored the files to the originals. Any suggestions?

Please try unchecking the theme option “Show post excerpts?” on the following path

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Content Options

Is it working fine for you using any default WordPress theme like Twenty Fifteen?

Hi Movin,

Yes, I am aware of that setting and “Show post excerpts" is always unchecked but the problem is still there. I don’t have this problem when i’m using twenty fifteen or twenty sixteen. I tried removing all my custom css code I have made and even disabling all the plugins (except for Jetpack) but the problem is still there. I even tried reinstalling Activello but the problem is still there.

As you can see this post http://www.pixelsoflight.com/that-short-cherry-blossom-time-of-the-year/ has a tiled mosaic but when you view that post in the blog http://www.pixelsoflight.com/blog/ the tiled mosaic is not there. (site is still under construction).

-Thanks!
Evan

Could you please try replacing the following content.php theme file with the attached modified theme file that contains the below modified code?

/wp-content/themes/activello/content.php

<?php
/**
 * @package activello
 */
?>

<article id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>>
	<div class="blog-item-wrap">
		<div class="post-inner-content">
			<header class="entry-header page-header">
				<?php echo activello_get_single_category(get_the_ID()); ?>
				<h1 class="entry-title"><a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" rel="bookmark"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h1>

<?php if ( 'post' == get_post_type() ) : ?>
				<div class="entry-meta">
					<?php activello_posted_on(); ?>

<?php
						edit_post_link(
							sprintf(
								/* translators: %s: Name of current post */
								esc_html__( 'Edit %s', 'activello' ),
								the_title( '<span class="screen-reader-text">"', '"</span>', false )
							),
							'<span class="edit-link">',
							'</span>'
						);
					?>

</div><!-- .entry-meta -->
				<?php endif; ?>
			</header><!-- .entry-header -->

<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title_attribute(); ?>" >
                    <?php the_post_thumbnail( 'activello-featured', array( 'class' => 'single-featured' )); ?>
            </a>

<?php if ( is_search() ) : // Only display Excerpts for Search ?>
			<div class="entry-summary">
				<?php the_excerpt(); ?>
				<p><a class="btn btn-default read-more" href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php esc_html_e( 'Read More', 'activello' ); ?></a></p>
			</div><!-- .entry-summary -->
			<?php else : ?>
			<div class="entry-content">

<?php
				if ( get_theme_mod( 'activello_excerpts', 1 ) && get_the_excerpt() != "" ) :
					the_excerpt();
				else :
					the_content();
				endif;
			  ?>

<?php
				wp_link_pages( array(
					'before'            => '<div class="page-links">'.esc_html__( 'Pages:', 'activello' ),
					'after'             => '</div>',
					'link_before'       => '<span>',
					'link_after'        => '</span>',
					'pagelink'          => '%',
					'echo'              => 1
						) );
				?>

<?php if( ! is_single() && get_theme_mod( 'activello_excerpts', 1 ) ) : ?>
				<div class="read-more">
					<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><?php esc_html_e( 'Read More', 'activello' ); ?></a>
				</div>
				<?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( ! post_password_required() && ( comments_open() || '0' != get_comments_number() ) ) : ?>
                                    <div class="entry-footer">
					<span class="comments-link"><?php comments_popup_link( esc_html__( 'Leave a comment', 'activello' ), esc_html__( '1 Comment', 'activello' ), esc_html__( '% Comments', 'activello' ) ); ?></span>
                                    </div><!-- .entry-footer -->
                                <?php endif; ?>
			</div><!-- .entry-content -->
			<?php endif; ?>
		</div>
	</div>
</article><!-- #post-## -->