tinynav mobile drop-down menu showing last menu item by default

Hello there,
Great theme for working on one of my first WP projects, thank you!

As stated in the subject line, when my site’s viewport is reduced to mobile sizes and the SELECT menu element kicks in, the default “selected” element is the very last item in the menu tree, whereas it should be the first item in the menu.

Please advise on how to fix this? I’ve been delving into the php and js files a bit and sort of understand how the “active” menu item is based on the current page, etc but cannot figure out why the last item is being selected by default.
The site is under construction, but can be seen at https://www.newenglandriders.org/wp

thanks!
Steve

Good evening

Let me check it, please use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box

Hello Noda,
Thank you for the reply! Here is your link, good for 3 hours.

thanks,
steve

https://www.newenglandriders.org/wp/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=d271821e129cace9d7d8ca2c75bc7bdb

Good morning Steve

Please enable it at least 12-24 hour

Hi Noda,
OK, reset for 24 hours.

thanks,
Steve

Good morning Steve

Still, I cant view dashboard :slight_smile: please extend it a little bit

Hi Noda,
I’ve extended for another 24 hrs. Not sure if the email address matters, since you did not provide one so I just used one of my own.
Steve

Hello

Sorry, but your website is not available this is the screenshot:

Hi Noda,
It figures our web host has a server problem right now! I will post again once the site is back up.
thanks,
Steve

Hi Noda,
The site is back up and I made sure to extend the temp access another 3 days. thx!
Steve

Hello Steve

You need to add a home page in the menu, otherwise, the last item will be selected by default, but if you don’t want to do that we can use this trick, I added a home element in the menu and used this code to hide it from the menu:

li#menu-item-447 {
display: none;
}

Let me know what you think

Hi Noda,
That will work great, thank you so much for your help!

Steve

Thank you Steve :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have other questions, i will close this case