Title & Padding

Hi,

Thank you for an awesome theme, I just have a few questions (I have tried the help on other forums but has not worked):

1. How do I reduce the padding from the Parallax widget, I have tried adding code to the “Additional Code” area on the menu but it hasn’t worked - can you direct me to where I can find it on the Style sheet (have attached screen shot).
  2. How do I removed the big page titles but keep the grey heading? Have tried adding different code to Additional Code, did not work. (have attached screen shot for this too)
  3. Lastly, is there any way to make the top widget on the home page a fixed image as I want to use a logo here?

Thanks for you help!

Hi @ash88leigh,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your questions.

1. How do I reduce the padding from the Parallax widget, I have tried adding code to the “Additional Code” area on the menu but it hasn’t worked – can you direct me to where I can find it on the Style sheet (have attached screen shot).

You can try achieving this by adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Shapely Options -> Other

.shapely_home_parallax > section {
    padding: 26px 0;
}
2. How do I removed the big page titles but keep the grey heading? Have tried adding different code to Additional Code, did not work. (have attached screen shot for this too)

To achieve this use the below CSS code as described above.

body.single h1.post-title.entry-title {
    display: none;
}
3. Lastly, is there any way to make the top widget on the home page a fixed image as I want to use a logo here?

Do you want to make that whole widget stay at that position when scroll the site?

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you to achive it?

Best Regards,
Movin

Unfortunately neither of those codes make any changes when I add it to the “other” code field.

Hello Movin,

3. Lastly, is there any way to make the top widget on the home page a fixed image as I want to use a logo here? Do you want to make that whole widget stay at that position when scroll the site?

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s displaying so that i can help you to achive it?

I would like to make the same change. My url is www.miltonbaby.se

Thanks!

Regards

Not working for me, either. (re. #2 request)

@ash88leigh Could you please share me your site URL where it is not working so that i can troubleshoot it?

@shakeel @themattgould To help us keep support thread separates could you please create your own thread for your question here https://colorlibsupport.com/c/shapely/ instead of replying on others thread as it makes the thread messy and hard to read.

If you want to you can also add reference of this thread in your newly created thread.

We would be more than happy to help you on your new thread.

Hi Movin,

It is www.actonsigns.net, I’ll temporarily deactivate maintenance mode - I would like to make the spaces between all the parallax images smaller - I don’t know if this is a padding or margin issue. Is it possible to have those parallax widgets on a different page - ie Product page as I need to list a lot of items?

Thank you!

@ash88leigh I visited your shared site but i can’t access it due to maintenance mode.

Could you please either temporary disable maintenance mode or Would you mind if i log in to your site and access it? If this is ok then could you please share me your site log in details privately by checking the option “Set as private reply” when replying to this topic?

Hi Movin

Sure I appreciate the help. http://www.actonsigns.net/wp-admin

Username : Admin
Password: @DF61U5#2N

I am trying to achieve this kind of layout so perhaps I should just write the code for it on the product page?
http://www.verticalsigns.co.za/products/

@ash88leigh The shared log in credentials are not working on your site.

I have attached the login username and password

Hi Movin

I have removed the parallax widgets I was struggling with, I’ll use a plugin to display services. Can you perhaps assist with removing the H1 page headings please (it doesn’t make sense to have it twice?) and the text is really big and spaced out.

Thank you
Ashleigh

Can you perhaps assist with removing the H1 page headings please (it doesn’t make sense to have it twice?) and the text is really big and spaced out.

Try using the below CSS code to achieve this.

#main > article > header.entry-header {
    display: none;
}

That code does not work? Are you able to login and troubleshoot?

Okay it worked now thank you ! I just had to insert it in the beginning of the Custom Code before all the other code - thanks

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: