Trouble with Blog Index Page

Some of the changes I make in the customizer to the blog index page are not appearing on my site. I can change the layout (sidebar, full width, etc), but no matter what I do I see the category appearing on posts even if it is turned off in the customizer. Any idea what to do about that?

hey there

Can i try this? please provide detailed steps on how to replicate this problem and use this plugin to create temporary access for us, its automatic login link and does not requires sharing your admin details. here is How To guide. at the and don’t forget about  “Set as private reply” at the bottom of the message box  

Hi, I installed the plugin. What should I set email and first and last name to for the temporary login? Thanks, Aaron

hi

You can use your email, your name last name, we just need it for temporary access

Okay this is the login:
https://lunchinhouston.com/wp-admin/?wtlwp_token=b32655143e812963433b029a8e444d1e
Thanks, Aaron

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

I am not seeing the categories assigned to the posts. Can you please add an image of the issue? Also, try clearing your browser cache and reloading the page.

Best Regards,
Support

Here’s a screenshot of a browser with a cleared cache. The URL is https://lunchinhouston.com/blog/.
Note that the category “Mexican” is displayed in the featured image. Also the Blog Index Settings specify that the heading for the blog page should be “All Posts,” which is not visible in the screenshot. The only setting that seems to work is for the blog template. I can move the sidebar, go to full screen, etc., but none of the other options seem to do anything. To be clear, I’m talking about the blog index page, not the individual posts. Thanks, Aaron

Hi there,
Thanks for keeping in touch.
In relation to the “All Posts” title, this seems to be rendered when enabled. Attached is a sample screenshot.
As for the category, please try out the following CSS code under the Appearance>Customize>Additional CSS section in order to have the categories hidden:

.blog span.shapely-category {
display: none !important;
}

I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Support.