Trying to do something with shortcodes, but it's not working.

Hi,

I want to add a shortcode to one of the link sections in the parallax widget. When I try to do this, it just eats the shortcode and doesn’t direct to the gallery I’m trying to get it to go to. I want the button on the home page to link to a pop up gallery/portfolio.

I’ve read through several old threads and none of them have really been helpful. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:
Can you tell me more details? what shortcodes is this? where are you adding it? also, please include link to your page

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hi,

Sure. I’m trying to use the Grid Kit portfolio plug-in. It produces a shortcode like [gkit id=1]. I’m trying to put it in the Button 1 link section of the Shapely Home Parallax widget. As I indicated above, it ends up just eating the shortcode and leads to a blank page when I try to click on it through the preview window.

Unfortunately, the site is on my local. It’s not on a server.

Thanks.

let’s clarify, are you placing shortcode in the button? but how? it’s not allowed to place any shortcode n the button, it will not work for sure can you tell me what is your goal? places include screenshot as well