Unable to download template - you delete threads that make you look bad?

Colorlib deleted the original thread… https://colorlibsupport.com/t/unable-to-download-template/26090/46

Hey Colorlib team, do you really think your best plan of action is to delete threads that villainize you or make you uncomfortable? That makes for very poor PR, and proves that you have no accountability. You are simply scammers at this point and it’s only a matter of time before someone sues you.

The last post on the original thread:

I tried to deal with this privately via email, but you gave me generic answers and dodge my important questions so I am taking this public with the expectation that Colorlib shows some accountability and integrity.

Let me present the situation and proof:
You guys have legacy customers who purchased a $99 license to use ALL current and future themes on your website, with absolutely no indication of an expiry date. Then you decide to add “customer accounts” to your website and arbitrarily decide that the $99 license’ are just “one year licenses” without notifying your users, or grandfathering them in…

Here is your license purchase page from when I purchased. Note how the pricing table says: Access to all upcoming templates with no indication of license expiry.

Here is the license page when I purchased (screenshot)
Imgur
Here’s that pages web archive for proof of this:

Here’s your website terms and conditions from the timeframe I purchased my license as well:

If I missed something, and your website or the license purchase process did in fact contain clear communication that this license was a 1 year license at the time of purchase, then please provide that proof.

Otherwise, it just looks like you are saying “screw you” to all of your legacy customers who supported you in your early days.

1 Like

The license page never said Lifetime license until now that we actually have such an option. It said 1 year. Maybe we could have made it more clear but it never said Lifetime. You can see in that archive files or everywhere else.

“All upcoming templates”? Yes, all upcoming templates while your license is valid not for a lifetime (unless you buy our newly introduced license).

We’ll keep deleting threads because of irrelevant hate speech.

Do you really believe that $99 should be enough for lifetime access to 1,000 templates (10k HTML files) that we spend over $1M to develop? Well, we don’t.

All support threads will be answered but hate speech like this won’t be tolerated.

Hi Mr. Aigars, you are digging yourself in a deeper hole.

The license page never said Lifetime license until now that we actually have such an option. It said 1 year. Maybe we could have made it more clear but it never said Lifetime. You can see in that archive files or everywhere else.

Where on the license page did it say “1 year”? Please, tell me where an expiry date was indicated. It did say “1 year support”, which is much difference than a 1 year license.

“All upcoming templates”? Yes, all upcoming templates while your license is valid not for a lifetime (unless you buy our newly introduced license).

Yes, correct while my license is valid. And there is no indications that my license should become invalid at any point since there was no expiry date or license duration at time of purchase.

We’ll keep deleting threads because of irrelevant hate speech.

Please indicate where I posted hate speech. Are you suggesting that a customer asking a question, or challenging your license terms is hate speech? Don’t go down that road friend.

Do you really believe that $99 should be enough for lifetime access to 1,000 templates (10k HTML files) that we spend over $1M to develop? Well, we don’t.

What an incredibly stupid thing to say.

All support threads will be answered but hate speech like this won’t be tolerated.

This is not hate speech. Again, please indicate where there is hate speech.

1 Like

It seems to me that the poster is just exercising their freedom of speech and colorlib doesn’t like it.

I see no hate speech. Just a good reason not to become your customer.