Update from Free to Paid

I tried Consula free, its good so I made quite a few modifications to the HTML to customise . The contact form doesn’t work but i assume that one needs a paid subscription for it to do so.

I am now in a position to buy the template but my question is will I have to modify the HTML in the paid version all over again or can I use the current modifications with the paid files?

Thanks

Philip

Hi there.

Thanks for contacting us again!

There are no separate files for the paid version, they are the same.
Contact form - If there is no such file, you need to implement PHP function file to send the form data.

If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

​Regards.

Thank you, that is very helpful. Not sure about contacting you again – This is the first time, unless I have forgotten! I am sorry but my PHP knowledge is poor, how do I “implement PHP function file” there are no PHP files in the free distribution are they only in the paid version or am I missing the point entirely. I ma hosting the site on Ionos and PHP8.2.

Hi there,

I understand you. Basically, these are frontend HTML templates. Usually, we do not provide any backend functionality. Therefore, in most cases, when you need to add extra functions, you have to do it yourself or seek assistance.

Regards,

Ok, I see. However the template contains the following code, I don’t understand why you would include a quite complex bit of HTML in the template with no instruction on how to make it work.

m action=“#” class=“p-5 bg-white”>

<h2 class="h4 text-black mb-5">Contact Form</h2> 

<div class="row form-group">
            <div class="col-md-6 mb-3 mb-md-0">
              <label class="text-black" for="fname">First Name</label>
              <input type="text" id="fname" class="form-control">
            </div>
            <div class="col-md-6">
              <label class="text-black" for="lname">Last Name</label>
              <input type="text" id="lname" class="form-control">
            </div>
          </div>

<div class="col-md-12">
              <label class="text-black" for="email">Email</label> 
              <input type="email" id="email" class="form-control">
            </div>
          </div>

<div class="col-md-12">
              <label class="text-black" for="subject">Subject</label> 
              <input type="subject" id="subject" class="form-control">
            </div>
          </div>

<div class="col-md-12">
              <label class="text-black" for="message">Message</label> 
              <textarea name="message" id="message" cols="30" rows="7" class="form-control" placeholder="Write your notes or questions here..."></textarea>
            </div>
          </div>

<div class="col-md-12">
              <input type="submit" value="Send Message" class="btn btn-primary btn-md text-white">
            </div>
          </div>
        </form>

Hey there.

Sorry if it’s confusing, could you please explain why you find it complex? Editing HTML templates typically requires basic HTML knowledge. This code is straightforward markup and is ready for backend development.

Regards,