UTF-8 fonts

Hi again,

I need a little help with fonts - I need to enable UTF-8, so my fonts č, š, ž are seen clean on the site.

Adding <meta http-equiv="Content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="sl" /> in header.php doesn’t work?

I also noticed that picture resolution of similar products are bad. I can’t seem to find a resolution to this problem (not under the picture - quality is 800x800px, not under media (settings). - so I am out of options.

Please see the problem here: http://otroskekuhinje.si/trgovina/otroski-stedilnik-kidkraft-retro-moder-starinska-otroska-kuhinja/

Thank you for your help.

  1. Most likely fonts are not ones to blame but font-width is. They render perfectly fine on Mac even with UTF-8 characters as this theme is built to support that. Most likely Windows or your web browser doesn’t render them correctly.

Try to add this code to Theme Options - Other - Custom CSS

h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, .h1, .h2, .h3, .h4, .h5, .h6 {
    font-weight: 400;

This should make fonts thicker and maybe Windows will recognize them.

  1. This question has been answered several times on this forum and here is one of those discussions.


I followed the second answer and now I have all my pictures messed up. Please see for your self.

I have two options to change the size of images.

  1. under settings → media

and than

  1. under woocommerce → settings → items

I would like to have exactly like you have in the unite theme.


Did you even opened link I provided and read my response there? If you would, there won’t be any questions. Needless to say that screenshot on that forum thread is taken from Unite WooCommerce settings page.

I did exactly what’s written in that post and my pictures are all messed up. I than used regenerated plugin.

Now the main picture of the item is too big and blurry, and everything is not in the right place… Little pictures are now too big.

  1. Get rid of css/javascript minification plugin that you have misconfigured or configure it properly. It doesn’t provide any performance in your case when configured that way. It justs creates CSS and JavaScript conflicts.
  2. Maybe this is due to plugin but it appears that you have changed image width to 100% for all WooCommerce images instead of default values.

omg w3 total cache plugin caused the problem! Thank you!