Video player size

I have uploaded a short video but I would like to resize it, is being distorted as the video player on the homepage is showing it at full width. can you provide some custom css to resize the video when played? Many thanks

Hey there

Let me see it, please provide URL of the page with the video element and I will try to crate a custom CSS for you.

Regards.

Hi, it’s hidden at the moment but can send a login, just let me know how to do that privately.

So can I make the video a smaller size and also if I may want a row of 5 instead of 4 portfolio projects can i do that too with custom css?

Many thanks

Jackie

Hey there

@Edgehouse we need to try that, I cant promise but I will try my best :slight_smile:

Click on my name and you will see option to send a Private message.

Regards.

Hi, did you receive my private message from earlier this week?
Jackie

Hi there

Thanks for the details :slight_smile:

Please add this CSS code in the Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

.video-widget.col-xs-12.upload > div {
    background-size: cover !important;
}

Please also note, at this moment you do have not the best image used, try to use better image, bigger and with good quality.

Regards

Hi

Thanks I have added that code and also removed the image for now, it doesn’t seem to have changed anything though, the video is still very large and distorted.

Hi there

Sorry about that, please add this code too:

.video-widget {
    height: calc(80vh - 56px);
    max-width: 70%;
    margin: 0 auto !important;
    float: none;
}

Let me know result.

Thank you! That has resized perfectly but the video is still blurred. Have you any ideas how I can rectify this?

Hi there

I apologize for the inconvenience. I have attempted various solutions, but unfortunately, none have been successful. It is likely that the issue requires more than just a CSS modification. :frowning:

Regards.

I’m trying something else now with a video plugin, this is the html and the player works well but whatever I place in the html widget, it is placing it to the left! Can you help please.

A little peak behind the scenes...

[evp_embed_video url="https://www.suzanneevettsflorist.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/381592049_6940977015952486_5398630075069470630_n.mp4" width="840"]

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 11.49.51

Hi

Usualy we dont support problems caused by third party plugins but I will try my best :slight_smile:

Im unable to access your website with the provided admin details, can you please provide them once again?

Regrads