Warning! Do Not Update the Illdy companion plugin!

Trying to do so has taken down my entire site as well as my ability to even log in.
Warning: require_once(/home/valver8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/illdy-companion/widgets/class-widget-parallax.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/valver8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/illdy-companion/illdy-companion.php on line 70

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘/home/valver8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/illdy-companion/widgets/class-widget-parallax.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/valver8/public_html/wp-content/plugins/illdy-companion/illdy-companion.php on line 70

too late for me… :frowning:
Any solutions?!

Crickets. Pretty major for Colorlib to blow up everyone’s site who’s using their theme, so I’d hope someone would be on these forums addressing it. There was this from another thread that someone suggested. It would apparently get the site back up but the whole look of it will be whacked out.

The illdy companion plugin is trying to use 2 files that for some reason are missing after the WP upgrade to the release 4.7.3. I’m used the following work around to at least put my site online without error messages however the look & feel is quite a mess.

To solve the error you need to edit the file located on /home/content/01/5407801/html/angels/wp-content/plugins/illdy-companion/illdy-companion.php and comment with # the lines 70 and 71 like this:

Tx, Ms.

I’ve tried it this way.
I’m using “Projects & Testimonials” session on home and it does not work with this solution.

Too late for me. Now waiting for the solution!

The fix worked in my case, thank you.

Many thanks, mstiles501. It worked like a charm for me!

This fixed also worked for us. I would prefer if the theme didn’t visually change with these updates without you requesting those changes.

Why has my posts been deleted? When will this be fixed? This is madness, the amount of people who use this theme must be having so many issues right now.

Will be anxiously awaiting a word from ColorLib on this problem.

Wow! Thank you so much Mstiles501! You are the man!

@macinellijr its a good fix, gets rid of the error but it doesn’t fix the customer issues

They have released updates to the theme. If you uninstall the theme and then reinstall it, it will work…

HOWEVER, BE AWARE…IT SCREWS UP ALL SETTINGS YOU HAVE DONE!

Hi Guys,

Please update the illdy companion plugin to its latest version. The right version should be 1.0.7. There were some issues in the backend of WordPress plugin repository and bad version got updated. Sorry for that.

Link: Illdy Companion – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org

Let us know if you still facing issues after the right version installed.

Thanks,
laranz.

They have also added a load of new settings and blocks such as the contact area and footers which is now quite a bit different which has also now screwed up the page and layout on the template

Hi @glenwheeler,

Can you create a separate thread with the issues, by explaining them how to produce that with some screenshots? So that I can check what’s going on.

Let us know,

Thanks,
laranz.

Hi Laranz, having the same problems (with latest version of Illdy companion). Posted in other threads as well, but didn’t get any responses from ColorLib. Is there any solution yet?