Website Templates in Sparkling

Hello,

I have a question regarding the website templates in Sparkling.

In Customizer->Sparkling Options->Layout Options, I can choose from 4 different templates: Right Sidebar, Left Sidebar, No Sidebar, Full Width.

However, when I create Pages, I can only choose from 2 options: Standard template, Full Width.

But I would like to have “Left Sidebar” as Standard Template and “No Sidebar” for Pages.

Some 2 or 3 years ago, when I set up the Sparkling Theme for my website, all Pages were having the “No Sidebar” template by default, and I would like to keep with that.

Best regards,
Emanuel

Hi Emanuel,

Thanks for contacting us!

I’m not entirely sure if I understand the problem. Are you saying that a specific feature was present in the previous version of the theme but is no longer available?

Regards,

Hi,

formerly, when I created a page, the page had automatically a shortened width with no side bar. This is an example of an old page: https://www.emanuel-kapfinger.net/ueber-emanuel-kapfinger/

Now, when I create a page, it has automatically a shortened width accompanied by a side bar. Example: https://www.emanuel-kapfinger.net/vortraege-seminare-tagungen/

Despite from this, I have only the option to have full width with no side bar (which creates lines which are too long to read).

I would like to create new pages in the way of the first example. This has a very clean and neat look, and presents the page in very nice way on the backdrop image. Thus I would be very thankful if you could help me.

Best,
Emanuel

Hi Emanuel,

Do you want all your pages without a sidebar? I can help you here with custom CSS to achieve this.

Regards,

Hi,
yes exactly, I want all pages without a sidebar (and shortened with – i.e. not full width).

I would appreciate to use your CSS.

Emanuel

Hey there,

Please add this CSS code in the Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS:

div#secondary {
    display: none;
}
.side-pull-right .main-content-inner {
    float: none;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

Let me know, how it goes.

Hi,

thank you for this CSS code. However, this code shuts off the sidebar in general, not only for the pages.

With “pages”, I was referring to the distinction between “pages” and “posts” in the wordpress backend.

Thus, I want to have the sidebar for the posts, but shut it off for the pages. Do you know how to modify the CSS code to achieve this (only for the pages).

Best,
Emanuel

Hey there,

Ok, got it, lets try this code:

.page-template-default div#secondary {
    display: none;
}
.page-template-default  .side-pull-right .main-content-inner {
    float: none;
    margin: 0 auto;
}

Hi,

thank you so much, this just works perfect! Now it looks really nice. :slight_smile:

Emanuel

Hey there,

Cool!!! ​If there is anything else I can help with, just let me know.

Regards,