Why my website looks different on mobile and other computers?

Hi,

My website: www.biggerthanlimits.com looks different on different computers (for example on my other computer with smaller screen the social icons are below the menu) and it looks horrible on my mobile phone, the menu is in the right corner, social icons appear only when I click on the menu and they are somewhere below the menu, also the footer looks bad.

Is there any solution to that?

Hope you’re having a good day.

Anna :slight_smile:

Hi Anna,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

The Activello theme is responsive theme therefore it displays differently on mobile devices and desktop as you can see on our demo site https://colorlib.com/activello/

You can find information about Responsive web design on this page Responsive web design - Wikipedia

Best Regards,
Movin

Hi.

Thank you for your answer.

Is there any way I can modify my website to look exactly the same on every device and computer?

Have a good day.

Anna :slight_smile:

Yes you can try doing that by using the solution posted in the following reply for Sparkling theme which will same for Activello theme.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/making-template-not-responsive/#post-8229

Hi,

I’ve tried to do this but nothing changed.

Any idea why?

Anna

Then please try adding the following CSS code in the Custom CSS option of your theme on the below path.

Admin Area -> Appearance -> Customize -> Activello Options -> Other -> Custom CSS

html { min-width: 1090px; }

And also use the solutions posted on the following pages.

Hi,

Thank you for your advice.

Could you tell me where I can find Bootstrap files I need to change in Activello Theme?

Would be helpful :slight_smile:

Anna

Hi Movin,

It seems like my website became unresponsive after all the changes I’ve made and thats why it doesnt look good on other screens.

Is there any way to fix It?

I understand it might be more than you can help here but I REALLY don’t want to change Activello theme. Maybe you can recommend some tutorials where I can find how to fix this?

I would be really grateful.

Anna

It seems like my website became unresponsive after all the changes I’ve made and thats why it doesnt look good on other screens.

Initially you asked me to help to make your site unresponsive and now do you not want to do that?

If not then just revert the changes you have made in the theme files by deleting and reinstalling fresh version of Activello theme.

Hi,

Sorry for misunderstanding.

I haven’t done anything to the site to.make it unresponsive yet.

I just want it to be compatible with every browser/tablet/phone and look exactly the same. Now everything looks awful even on different screen than mine.

I’m lost, I don’t know whether I should make it responsive or not because I asked developers (freelancers) for help and they say I should make it responsive because it isn’t now.

Any advice, please?

Hope you’re fine today.

Anna

Hi,

Sorry for the trouble.

I’ve just figured out that my website is kind of responsive but the features I’ve changed:

• LOGO
  • MENU (when it drops down it’s only partly visible)
  • SOCIAL ICONS IN MENU
  • FOOTER

aren’t.

Is there any way to change that so it would look good?

Anna

It is responsive by default which you can see on our demo site here https://colorlib.com/activello/

It is not responsive on your site because you have made changes on your site so to make it responsive again please revert the changes you have made in the theme and also remove the custom CSS code that you are using on your site.

Hi,

But I like my website the way it is now.

Is there any way to make it responsive the way it looks now?

I will do that myself, just need some instructions.

Anna

Hi,

So I’ve managed to make my website fully responsive again but I have two problems:

1. In mobile/tablets there’s additional width to the right (everything sticks to the left)
  2. When I change the layout of posts for one with sidebar the whole footer goes to sidebar.
    I’ve inserted footer using those codes:

Please, would you help me with this?

Anna

To correct the issues on your site caused by the changes you have made you have to develop custom code.

Developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide here.

If you are not a developer then you can consider hiring a developer to develop it for you. You can hire a developer from any freelance site. Colorlib recommends the developer https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~011652ffec8865c6d5