Widget Link Colour Plus 2 Random Questions

Just came across this theme a few days ago and in my personal opinion, it’s awesome!

If you don’t mind, I would like to ask you 3 quick questions:

Despite using firefox’s ‘inspect element’ tool (and trying .widget a:hover {color:blue;}), I can’t quite figure out how to change the link colour for the widgets section. How do you change both the hover and normal states of the widgets’ links?

I was just wondering where you got those amazing pictures for your demo site? They look pretty amazing, particularly the ones from the gallery.

I also couldn’t help but notice how you’ve manage to match the colour of the contact us form’s send button with the rest of your demo site. Is there an easy way to change the send button’s colour? (I’m quite new to this coding stuff, but I’m willing to learn ^.^)

here’s my site TopSnookerTips… hope it helps!

Thanks!

Question 1 has been answered by Ben Meredith over at Wordpress’s support section… Thanks buddy :slight_smile:

Does anyone know the answers to my last two questions? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for your great feedback!

Since your first question is already answered I will start with the second one.

1. Most images are taken from 500px.com and Flickr. Those are for non-commercial use only and you have to check specific right for each image that you can and can’t use for your site. YOu can get in touch with author and ask if you can use their images on so on. Just check 500px and flickr for more info.

2. For contact form I am using Contact Form 7 plugin. And it uses simple input[type="submit"] for buttons and it is already defined via theme style.css and there is no need for extra styling.

Thank you so much for that crucial insight. I’m a bit new to this theme editing thingy and you subtly pointed out something significant to my understanding…

After creating a child theme (using ‘One-Click Child Theme’), I was updating the style.css that they generated for me. I should of copied the original Style.css then pasted that into my child themes directory. Editing the original file would of been much easier than trying to figure out my own code. All the customisation I ever need can now be found in one place… Brilliant!

Thanks for that crucial insight buddy :slight_smile:

This theme is fantastic… keep us the great work.