WooCommerce default Template Overrides (Not Working)

Hello, first of all thank you for creating such a great theme to work with. Please ignore my support email I only noticed when I sent it that I should use the forum…

Anyway, small problem I have noticed when using WooCommerce if a template file is added to the theme directory it is not overriding the core version. As the core version is updated this needs to work as you will loose all of your modifications…i’m sure other people will notice this ?

Example:

/plugins/woocommerce/templates/form-checkout.php
/themes/dazzling/woocommerce/form-checkout.php {Modified Version} No-Effect.

This also applies to the CSS.

I presume it is something in the functions.php but I can’t see anything.

Any help would be great, thanks

Simon

There is no effect of your changes because you have moved file to the wrong place.

form-checkout.php file is inside /plugins/woocommerce/templates/checkout/form-checkout.php

Which means that you have to move this file to /themes/dazzling/woocommerce/checkout/form-checkout.php

The only change here is checkout folder but that’s the reason why your code modification doesn’t take any effect.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

It looks like I made an error on the original post , the form-checkout.php was in the the checkout folder and I can see the override in the system status within the admin panel but no changes when I make them.

themes/dazzling/woocommerce/checkout/form-checkout.php

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Simon

Simon,

Then it might be that some plugin is overwriting this file.
I am sure (tested it on demo website few second ago) that all changes you make inside form-checkout.php are displayed correctly. Double check that all folder and file names are correct and also test other WooCommerce template files to see if they work like that.

Also this theme does have a basic WooCommerce integration, so there is no custom functionality around it and it uses everything directly from WooCommerce as-is.

Just tested single-product.php by moving it into

themes/dazzling/woocommerce/single-product.php

It looks like the shop is ignoring them but in system status they are acknowledged as overrides. Just deactivate all the plugins but has had no effect.

This is the copy of the functions.php

I’m running out of ideas…on what is causing it to ignore them which is quite frustrating. Nothing else has been modified…strange

Regards
Simon

Maybe it is a long shot but are you sure that you don’t have “Template Debug Mode” activated that you can find under:

WP Dashboard → WooCommerce → System Status → Tools

Yes, you are right it was selected and it is now working.

Ha, ha that was easy! I’m glad I could help. :slight_smile:

Hello Aigars,

I am new to WooCommerce and, while setting up my WooCommerce store, encountered a similar problem as the one pointed out by bwdgroup.

Are you still available for help with regards to this?

Thank you in advance for a short reply.

Hey @sidwick,

I hope you’re doing well today,

Please open a new discussion stating the details of your problem, along with a link to your website.

Best Regards,
Support.