Wordpress update and image captions

Hello,
I just realized that the image captions are suddenly in-line with the regular text, and therefore very hard to distinguish and confusing. (Screenshot attached of what I don’t like.) I think this is due to the latest Wordpress update.

Previously, my captions in Activello were in smaller text, centered under the photo, and clearly identifiable – it was great! Is there any way to bring this back?

Thank you very much,
Ketti

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question :slight_smile:

In order to check your question i need to see your live website, please provide url and i will take a look

Hi Noda,

Whoops, I forgot that. Here’s the URL: https://www.kettiwilhelm.com/

Thanks,
Ketti

hey there

Please add this CSS in appearance - customize - additional CSS

.wp-block-image figcaption {
font-size: 12px;
color: grey;
}

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

That works! Thank you very much.

I have two more questions that are related – what to center the caption text under each photo? I tried some CSS that I found googling it, but they didn’t have any effect.

And how about to justify the text in main body of the posts, without having to manually do it for each individual text block?

Thanks,
Ketti

Hello Ketti

Yep, that’s possible, please try this code:

.wp-block-image figcaption {
text-align: center;
}
.single-post p {
text-align: justify;
}

That works perfectly, thank you very much! Could you possibly tell me where to find a list of more of these standard CSS codes for similar formatting issues? And will these work on any theme, or only on Activello?

In case you don’t have a suggestion for where I should look up more general CSS formatting, then I do have one more related question:

How can I indent just one paragraph block in a post?

Is that something that can be accomplished with CSS? I want to give some blocks the same indentation as the bulleted lists, but without the bullets. (As in this post: https://www.kettiwilhelm.com/honestly-do-i-need-a-vpn-for-travel/ )

Thank you,
Ketti

Hello Ketti

these CSS codes are generated by me, manually they are not in the theme, such thing requires knowledge of web development.
only one paragraph can not be intended by css code, try to use space in this case :slight_smile:

If you want to learn to generate custom CSS:

Okay, thank you for the suggestions! I was able to fix the indents with html.

Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated.

Ketti

That’s great :slight_smile:

I will close this case now, Feel free to contact us again if you have other questions

Thanks!