IS the illdy theme compatible with WPML? I need to translate the jumbotron section and don’t know how to do it.
I hope you are doing well today.
Our themes are compatible with WPML so you can go ahead and translate the theme.
I am not sure if I understand correctly. I need to translate the content of the first page (the nicely designed preconfigured jomobtron page) . I can easily translate “pages”, but I cannot find any translation mode or button at the customize-area. Thank you for your support.
You can use this WPML article to help you translate the customizer options:
thank you. I did translate the strings related to the theme illdy. but it would not appear on the front page .
I did like I was told in that document, but the translation of the strings are not being displayed. Pages and posts are ok. But strings on front page are in English while language is set to German. Any additional advice? Translation is saved as complete.
The frontpage uses widget so you need to translate the widgets too. Here is an article that explains how:
Hi, I did with " theme_mods_illdy"m, widget_illdy_testimonial, etc. - i checkmarked all the items I need. And I translated them in the “string translation screen”. Anything I missed? thank you again for your help.
Please advice how to fill out the “Theme and plugins localization” settings of WPML?
The “Customizing” section seems to overwrite the entries in the “translate string” screen. it works if I do it in a certain order (first “customize” than string translation), but if I change anything again with the “customiozing” section, the english text appears on the german page. Is there any default-language setting I have not checked. (I changed all of the original “englsih” strings into german since this is the primary language of the site).
each time I open the customizing section, it copies the english translation. - illdy does not check the language according to the “string transltion” settings. I consider this a bug. Workaround a: setting up different widgets and asigning the language on the customizing page - makes more widgets, but ok and will not work with the main content on e.g. title and entry forthe front page section. // Workaround b: pretending engliosh is the main language and changing all strings. will confuse and is against the concept, because there will be several contents only in german language. Any additional support welcome!