WPMU, Customiser and Slider options

Hi,

I have just installed Multi site, added the Sparkling theme, created a site and imported the oldsite’s .XMLfile (done via the WP Export/import).

When I first tried to configure the slider via the Customiser, it didn’t find any categories (the dropdown list was showing but was empty (the posts have have more than six categories). The slider half-worked, just seemed to pull up all posts and show their featured images.

The 2nd time I tried to configure the slider there was no category drop-down list at all. The only fields visible were the Activate slider checkbox & Number of items.

I’ve tried deactivating/reactivating, the slider, same with the theme even deleting and re-installing. Whatever I do I cant get the category field to show up again in the Customiser.

Is this a multi site issue? Or maybe related to the import. The old site was using your Travilfy theme.

Thanks for your help, PJ

Hi PJ,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

Could you please share me your site URL where it’s happening so that i can troubleshoot it?

This can be due to plugin conflict on your site so please try temporary deactivating all plugins and see whether everything works fine and then enable the plugins one by one to see which plugin is conflicting if any.

Best Regards,
Movin

Hello Movin,

Many thanks for the reply to my question. I got a bit frustrated as nothing seemed to work. As I couldn’t reslve it and I had a site backup I created a fresh MU install with the Sparkling theme and all is OK.

I will however, keep in mind your suggestion about plugin conflict if it happens again.

Thanks again for the superb level of support.

PJ

You are most welcome here :slight_smile: