Zoom images on hover for Pinbin

I was following your explanation for making the featured images open in lightbox, but got stuck.

The link you referenced says to do this:

<?php 
 if ( has_post_thumbnail()) {
   $large_image_url = wp_get_attachment_image_src( get_post_thumbnail_id(), 'large');
   echo '<a href="' . $large_image_url[0] . '" title="' . the_title_attribute('echo=0') . '" >';
   the_post_thumbnail('thumbnail');
   echo '</a>';
 }
 ?>

The code I see that I think should be replaced in the theme’s index.php looks like this:

<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() ) { ?>
         <div class="pinbin-image"><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail( 'summary-image' );  ?></a></div>

There is some css in the middle of the index.php. I have tried to edit this in various ways and got the image to open almost as I want (it opened the image in a page, not via the lightbox), but the layout was terribly screwed up.

Could you possibly post the code as it should be?

My test site is: http://pin.daytrippintexas.com

I’ve only been working with it for a day, but I really like this theme.

It will be much easier to modify plugin to target which images should be opened in the lightbox.

The basic idea of lightbox plugins is to target specific class, id or other image attribute that will open up in lightbox. Just see how the actual plugins determine which images to open in lightbox and add an extra target class. It really isn’t that difficult, some prettyPhoto based plugins should be a great place to start.