Change footer text

Hi,

I want to change the footer text so instead of saying “sparkling theme powered by wordpress”, it says my name.

Thanks

Hi @ludhercris,

I hope you are well today and thank you for your question.

You can achieve this by developing custom code in the footer.php file of Sparkling child theme as shared in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/remove-theme-by-colorlib-powered-by-wordpress/

Best Regards,
Movin

Thanks

You are most welcome here :slight_smile:

Hi there

I made some changes in the Template “extras.php” and now there is nothing working. :-/ My target was to change the text in the footer. Now i’m not able to show my website or login on wordpress for changes…
Now i dee only the message: “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘unite_footer’ (T_STRING) in /nhldata/341/158341/data/web/huebeli/htdocs/wp-content/themes/unite/inc/extras.php on line 203”

I use the Theme Unite and my hope is now, if there’s possible to get the original extras.php and if i load the file up with ftp, if theres a way that my website works again. Hope!

I’m curious about your answer. Hopefully, Karin

@gruen12

I made some changes in the Template “extras.php” and now there is nothing working. :-/ My target was to change the text in the footer. Now i’m not able to show my website or login on wordpress for changes… Now i dee only the message: “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘unite_footer’ (T_STRING) in /nhldata/341/158341/data/web/huebeli/htdocs/wp-content/themes/unite/inc/extras.php on line 203”

It seems you are doing it wrong. You are using Sparkling theme solution in Unite theme.

Please post your Unite theme question in this forum Unite Theme - Colorlib Support Forum

I use the Theme Unite and my hope is now, if there’s possible to get the original extras.php and if i load the file up with ftp, if theres a way that my website works again. Hope!

Yes please get the original file code from https://github.com/puikinsh/Unite-Theme/blob/master/inc/extras.php

Thank you for the right direction…

You are always welcome here :slight_smile: