change Read More button text

Hi there,

I’m trying to change the text of the "read-more-Button in the Shapely-Team by using the Say-What-Plugin and like its mentiones in this link: https://colorlibsupport.com/t/how-to-change-text-language-on-read-more-and-related-articles-button/
Unfortunately it’s not working. Could you please let me know about the right Original String and Text Domain?

I already tried:

Original string: Read more
Text domain: Shapely

But it didn’t work.

Thanks for your help!

Hi there

Hope you are having a good day and thank you for your question
try this plugin:

and consider, some text may be not in the theme but in the WordPress :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Colorlib Support Team

Hi,

the string-locator brings much “read more” entrys but if I try to change it via the SayWhat-Plugin it’s still not working.
Could you please tell me exactly how to solve this problem?

Br
Jens

Hello,

I hope you are doing well today.

After using the string locator to find the string you can go to the template file that the string locator has found and change the text in the file that string locator has found.

Best Regards,
Support

Yes,

but it’s not clear for me, which is the correct string.
And changing the text in the file is not a good idea - within the next update its gone again.

So, if it’s possible its a better way to change it by the “SayWhat”-Plugin.
My question to you is:
Could you please tell me the correct “original string” and “string domain”?

Thanks for your help and sorry for the troubles :frowning:

Br
Jens

Hello Jens,

In this case, you can use the extras.php file located via shapely\inc\extras.php and change the read more text at around line 259 since the say what plugin is not detecting the correct string.

Best Regards,
Support