Custom Slider on Front page / Image in slider without post

Hi and thank you for the amazing theme ! Everything is pretty cool with the theme but there’s only one thing I’d like to do…

And believe me i’ve look the 100 pages from this forum and haven’t found anything close to a solution for me…

I would like to have images in the slider than won’t appear anywhere else on the website… First I tried to create a specific category for the slider picture and I tried to Hide every post related to this category but I ended Hiding the whole slider… Then I tried modifying the css for that, not successful at all… and finally messed up my function file and no result… SO Im looking for option B wich is to put a costum slider on the front page but I will need to do it without any plugins since I can’t use any page builder on the front page… I’m kinda stuck here. So my question is : is there anyway I can put custom images instead of featured images from post in it, or anyway to hide thoses posts, or where should I put my code to set up a custom jquery Slider… Thank You Ive been struggling for a week now…

Hello there,

I hope you are doing well today.

You can use the WP Hide Post plugin to hide the post from the visitors. Please use the link here:

Also, the following article will provide some more options on this issue:

Best Regards,
Support

Well, I tried this method allready and it doesn’t work. This method Hide the post AND the slider that contain pictures of theses posts…

To achieve this you can use pages images instead of posts images for the slider by using the child theme colorlib-child-theme-38.zip solution posted in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/using-pages-rather-than-posts-for-flexslider/

I tried it for the second time and it messed up my website again…

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare func_enqueue_child_styles() (previously declared in /home/content/a2pnexwpnas04_data02/04/3879604/html/wp-content/themes/colorlib-child-theme/functions.php:7) in /home/content/a2pnexwpnas04_data02/04/3879604/html/wp-content/themes/activello/functions.php on line 12

GREAT. Now I need to do everything all over. Use wordpress they said, It will be fun…

What did I do wrong ? I’ve installed the child theme by the download of wordpress page and activated it and now BAM… Had to delete the folders in the FTP and now everything I’ve done and custom CSS I did just disapered…

OK, I was able to go back to normal with my previous settings and all, can you tell me why I was unable to apply the child theme is there something I am missing ? And after that is there goin to be and option somewhere ton chage the slider from post to page ? Thank you

Glad you got back to normal.

It seems this is happening on your site because the function name func_enqueue_child_styles added in the child theme is conflicting therefore i have changed that function name and added the updated child theme to this reply which you can use.

Doesnt work, anyway thanks but I’ll find another theme or something…

Not sure how you are using the shared child theme on your site, you have to use it as described in the following topic.

https://colorlibsupport.com/t/slider-for-pages/#post-33351