Display Custom Homepage section

Hi Pixova Lite Support,
I just read the following post that indicates that additional custom homepage sections are easy to add.
I currently have the following settings:
Intro section enabled and customized, working fine.
Pie charts section enabled and customized, also working fine.
Customize > Theme Options > Homepage Settings >
Your homepage displays: A static page
Homepage: Home (Home has the content I would like to have on the homepage)

I’ve tried to display other pages - the customizer pauses and greys (as if loading), but doesn’t show anything new - just the pie chart section.

Looking at front-page.php and home.php I don’t actually see any methods to call any pages. I see some to call the sidebar (if enabled) and to call recent posts but that’s it.
What am I missing to get the Homepage to show custom sections?

Update 2020-01-18 19:42,
I’ve tried making the homepage as the parent for the pages I would like to add, and I’ve edited front-page.php directly to call the specific page.
I noticed that upon adding this manually - the space that the header image takes up got larger.
It looks like the wp-custom-header actually covers all of the custom content that loads. When I set this element to display:none; I can see all of the custom content under it.
I took a look at the CSS for that element and I can’t seem to identify any particular part of it that is making it cover everything.
My site is themindful.life if you want to take a look.

Update: 2020-01-18 21:50
I managed to get the homepage almost like I want it to by manually editing front-page.php and calling the post content by id directly.

foreach ( $sections as $section ) {

if ( get_theme_mod( $sections_args[ $section ]['check'], 1 ) ) {
		get_template_part( 'sections/section', $sections_args[ $section ]['template'] );
	}
}

} // else
echo ‘<section class=“has-padding” id=“home-about”>’;
echo ‘<div class=“container wow bounceInUp” style="visibility:visible; animation-name: bounceInUp;>’;
echo ‘<div class=“row”>’;
echo ‘<div class=“col-md-12”>’;
$homepage = get_post(386);
$content = $homepage->post_content;
echo $content;
echo ‘</div>’;
echo ‘</div>’;
echo ‘</div>’;
echo ‘</section>’;
?>

I then applied the following styles to the #home-about section: background-color: #f9f9f9; border-bottom: 1px solid #e3e3e3; overflow: hidden; padding-top: 90px; z-index: 10; position: relative; Ideally, I would like to include the home-page custom content that is currently below the pie chart section, above the pie-chart section, and have it called dynamically. It's currently a public page with Home set as the parent. Any ideas on how to move it in between the intro and pie-chart section? I imagine the Customizer Front-page Sections tab would need to populate with the child pages of the home page to be re-arranged therein , and front-page.php would need to be adapted to call their content in addition to the already existing sections?

Hi there

Thank you for sharing your solution, its really appreciated, but please note, such modifications are a chapter of the customization, unfortunately, such requests fall out of our free support rules